Problem after problem :')

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew15

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Allright people,Andrew here with another problem.Sadly.

So,my husqvarna 120 mark 2 is starting to have more and more problems,still i kinda blame myself for it as my mom bougth 2 tipper trucks of logs and i got quite a job to do,the logs are anywere from 10 to 20 inch's(20 cm-50 cm) and i think you realize that a little 38 cc,1.8HP chainsaw isn't made for such jobs.But since i have to wait since october to buy my new saw,i gotta work with what i got.The chainsaw's guide bar started to look pretty bad due to my chainoil being to thin and running out faster than the gas.But thats not the worst part.My chainsaw its not starting anymore.I swaped the sparkplug with another one and stil,it ran for like 10 minutes and adios.When i pull the choke out,i pull on it and it burps,but right after that when i put the choke back in it makes a sound like a blanc burp and it just doesn't want to start.And i think i might now why.Every "new generation" saw from husqvarna is equiped(sorry if i wrote that wrong)with a primer bulb(expect for a few like the husqvarna 365),but the bulb just doesn't fill with fuel.And if i get close to the saw when i prime it i can hear a strage noise that sound like a leak.I belive that something is wrong with eiter the bulb or the plastic ring that surrounds it and so air gets in the gas conducts.Also i need to change the air filter but what do you think about the "bulb theory"?Could that be the problem or is there something way worse to be discovered?
😭

Pull muffler immediately and check for scoring on piston
I did that like a week ago and it was looking good but i will make sure to check the following friday just to be sure.
(sine im in highschool i stay at a boarding school for the week and im home only on weekends but i will make sure to check on that piston)

Back