Protective gloves sold in europe - not sold in U.S.?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billy_Bob

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Husqvarna protective gloves can be ordered from most Husky dealers or online. I have a pair of the Husky gloves and while I've never had to "use" them (the protective left hand, that is), they are comfortable and seem to be built well. The part numbers are as follows:

Size medium:505 64 22-09
Size large: 505-64 22-10
HUS-GLOVESTH.gif

You can order them online from a number of different places, including alamia.com in Denver. Check out this link and see if it takes you directly to the Husqvarna accessories page at Alamia.

http://alamia.com/index.asp?PG=50&ID=125&EM=1

I do not have any experience with the other brands. There seems to be a pretty wide variety of protective clothing, fuel cans, etc. that are distributed in the UK and parts of Europe that are not available in the US -- probably due to OSHA and other required regulatory evaluations.

I found a pair of Husky protective gloves...

I only had to go to or call 6 different chainsaw shops to find the gloves, but I finally found the one and only pair for sale in my area.

One chainsaw shop owner said "What's that for?" when I asked if he sold chainsaw protective gloves!

Actually I really like them. Feel very comfortable. (Although I will be wearing Husky gloves and running a Stihl - Shame on me!)

Billy_Bob said:
I found a pair of Husky protective gloves...

I only had to go to or call 6 different chainsaw shops to find the gloves, but I finally found the one and only pair for sale in my area.

One chainsaw shop owner said "What's that for?" when I asked if he sold chainsaw protective gloves!

Actually I really like them. Feel very comfortable. (Although I will be wearing Husky gloves and running a Stihl - Shame on me!)

If that saw refuses to cut well, I can sell you a pair of Stihl Protective gloves. :) You see them from time to time on Ebay (where i got mine).

woodsrider said:
Husqvarna protective gloves can be ordered from most Husky dealers or online. I have a pair of the Husky gloves and while I've never had to "use" them (the protective left hand, that is), they are comfortable and seem to be built well. The part numbers are as follows:

Size medium:505 64 22-09
Size large: 505-64 22-10
HUS-GLOVESTH.gif

You can order them online from a number of different places, including alamia.com in Denver. Check out this link and see if it takes you directly to the Husqvarna accessories page at Alamia.

http://alamia.com/index.asp?PG=50&ID=125&EM=1

I do not have any experience with the other brands. There seems to be a pretty wide variety of protective clothing, fuel cans, etc. that are distributed in the UK and parts of Europe that are not available in the US -- probably due to OSHA and other required regulatory evaluations.

I have a pair of those Husky gloves (large). I ripped a hole in one of the fingers the 2nd time I wore them. I did it stacking wood not cutting. The leather is very thin. Maybe I got defective pair but I have gone back to my $5.00 Home Depot gloves.

The SIP Anti vibration gloves don't have any chainsaw protection but do have gel pads in the hands to reduce vibration.

The Class 0 gloves have a 6" square pad of chain clogging material on the back of the hand. Personly i don't think that it would be enough to stop the saw, i also think its in the wrong place should be on the palm rather than the rear of the hand. The new class one gloves (20ms-1) rather than the (16ms-1) class 0 are better but you do pay for the extra protection.

I have a pair of Husky class 0 gloves with elasticated cuffs. There really cofortable to work in. I've got some SIP AV golves too that are great for brushcutting, can't use them with saws because they have no protection (at least over here). STIHL do these chainsaw mittens which have protection in both hands.

Oh and the oregan protective kit is probally a home owner start up kit with hat gloves chaps etc. Personly i'd get a pair of huskys for me they do the job fine. For a nice selection of class 1 gloves (better protection) check out www.sevsafe.co.uk

I think the protective gloves are stiff and clumsy, i do use husky gloves but the ones without protection ,,,,

Bailey's sells protective chainsaw gloves.

This is from their ad.
Patented, high quality gloves are made from calf leather and nylon. The back of the left hand glove has layers of ballistic nylon that helps reduce or prevent an accidental cut by a chain saw. Plus, gloves are double-palmed giving you added anti-vibration comfort. Large size only. NOTE: Protective gloves are not represented as a shield against injury, but as an aid to help prevent more severe damage in extreme cases.
They lasted about thirty cord with me using them for everything.I suppose if you just used them to cut they would last a long time.

046 said:
so what's the best chainsaw protection gloves to use?

your head? :)

Unless you're limbing with a top handled saw, I can't see much use for them, and even then... I like the crappy atlas gloves - gives me scratch/pitch protection and keeps the hands warm [enough].

Yeah, I use leather gloves when cutting, and that's not with any expectation of protection from the chain. I wear them for protection from handling wood, driving wedges, etc. I don't know how you'd hit your hand with a saw. I suppose you could, but man, if you've lost enough control of your saw to hit your hand, you've got bigger problems than the back of your hand. I don't consider them useful.

Jeff

like to think I use my head each and every time saw gets fired up. but everyone is subject to unforseen thing called an accident.

been seeing comment about cuts to hands from saws. if it's common place in UK, gotta be a reason other than rules.

If I can take the time to use stihl chaps, I can take time to use proper chainsaw gloves.

046 said:
like to think I use my head each and every time saw gets fired up. but everyone is subject to unforseen thing called an accident.

been seeing comment about cuts to hands from saws. if it's common place in UK, gotta be a reason other than rules.

If I can take the time to use stihl chaps, I can take time to use proper chainsaw gloves.

I think it is just rules. If we had the same rules here, they would be more commonplace also. Just like seat-belt wearing...

I wear chaps always, but aren't as convinced about the gloves.

I like my cotton gloves just fine. I se the leathers on fires ( cause we're mandated) But all other falling I like my cheap, thin cottons.
They get nice and tacty when they get a bit of pitch on 'em.

Latest posts

Back