Pulling wood out of the bush, lots of quesions.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Problem solver!! Will be here Wensday!!

attachment.php

Log grapple also:
attachment.php

Now to install the armor plating... ;)

I think it clears at 5", but only 42" wide, so yes it can manuver! 2200lbs wet, and it cost me less than I could buy a used quad for!!

You'd need two guys to make this work - But, how about out where the trucks on good ground, hang a snatchblock up somewhere, run 3 or 4 hundred ft of cable or bullrope back to the woods, have a good 'hitch' ready to go with a choker on it & drive away ? When the hitch gets to the snatch, the guy unhooks, walks the line back to the woods as the driver backs up? Gotta beat the lugging by hand? No?

This is how I get mine if it's too far from the road. 'Course around here the hills are steep enough to just roll the blocks downhill to the road. Put the wife down there to catch them so they don't keep on going:dizzy:

This is how I get mine if it's too far from the road. 'Course around here the hills are steep enough to just roll the blocks downhill to the road. Put the wife down there to catch them so they don't keep on going:dizzy:

Another guy turned me onto this site:http://www.novajack.com/en/0105.asp#

This stuff is slicker than snot if you already have a qaud etc.!!!
I had already commited to the mini when I saw it.
Check it out, it could save a LOT of hassle!!!

One of these works well for me

These help me a lot. But I don't have thick, thick stands of timber, so I can get around easier.

Life as I know it has changed!!!! Today was the easiest day I have ever had hauling wood, other than my sawer sucked!!
This thing was slicker than snot! I could snake right in where ever I wanted, grab a hunck, haul it to the trailer, drive right on and drop it!! I easily piled thre feet high in the center of the trailer. The pieces I couldn't load I could drag and drop off to the side and cut latter.
The only complaint, if it's that, is it's thirsty, two and a half hours on two and a half gallons of gas. But I was hauling 100-150 yds back to the trailer.
Slick, I tell ya, just slick!!!!

Life as I know it has changed!!!! Today was the easiest day I have ever had hauling wood, other than my sawer sucked!!
This thing was slicker than snot! I could snake right in where ever I wanted, grab a hunck, haul it to the trailer, drive right on and drop it!! I easily piled thre feet high in the center of the trailer. The pieces I couldn't load I could drag and drop off to the side and cut latter.
The only complaint, if it's that, is it's thirsty, two and a half hours on two and a half gallons of gas. But I was hauling 100-150 yds back to the trailer.

Cool, Glad it is working out!!:cheers:

Mercy sakes

You have a piece of equipment that works for 1.79.9 an hour and you are whining?LOL
I am glad to hear that little machine is working well for you.

Yeah they seem to suck it down and yeah, life is different. 3 g's. real nice. Never understimate the little guy.

tree_4.jpg

Don't fell bad about spending the money. You do the work you need the tools. Its yours now and both me and The Dan are VERY happy for you... somewhat releived actually.

Here is the last little job I did with mine. It seems pathic to some people but I got paid for it.
xmastree015.jpg

xmastree017.jpg

I have more pics but I had to dig some shrubs out and save the paccasandry. Lots out roots zones going through there. Anything bigger would have caused damage, hand shovels are out of the question... so is going around with a bunch of mexicans in tow.

Last edited:
treemandan

Thanks for the pics!

That first pic is especially impressive. I can see why sawinredneck is so impressed with his machine!

:cheers:

treemandan

Thanks for the pics!

That first pic is especially impressive. I can see why sawinredneck is so impressed with his machine!

:cheers:

I can't wait to see what Sawinredneck is up to with his. I am sure he hasn't slept in awhile due to the excitment.

I've slept a little better after yesterday!! Sorry, no pics, yesterday was a "hit and run" deal. I am making another run tomorrow if the weather holds, and will leave earlier and have a bit more time. As well as not having my "help" means things go faster! Hopefully the guy that leases the place has his deer and I can get into the good wood while it's dry.
No coog, you can't borrow it!!! I will rent it, but I come with it!!
Treemandan, I have wanted one of these for three or four years, just had no idea the grapple could work the wonders it does!! The biggest chunk was 16'x 16", I got it to the trailer, but I couldn't get it on the trailer. The machine wanted to, but I didn't weigh enough!!
I wanted tracks, but I don't know that they would make that much difference in the short wheel base.

DAVE ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PERIOD!!!!! I owe him much gratitude!!! The deal on this was unreal!! 4.2g's with the grapple sitting in my driveway, and I got a free dinner and breakfast!! NOTHING BUT GOOD PEOPLE!!!!

I will take the camera and try and get some good shots, as best I can solo, tommorow!!
Anybody have ideas on a decent scabard for these things?

I've slept a little better after yesterday!! Sorry, no pics, yesterday was a "hit and run" deal. I am making another run tomorrow if the weather holds, and will leave earlier and have a bit more time. As well as not having my "help" means things go faster! Hopefully the guy that leases the place has his deer and I can get into the good wood while it's dry.
No coog, you can't borrow it!!! I will rent it, but I come with it!!
Treemandan, I have wanted one of these for three or four years, just had no idea the grapple could work the wonders it does!! The biggest chunk was 16'x 16", I got it to the trailer, but I couldn't get it on the trailer. The machine wanted to, but I didn't weigh enough!!
I wanted tracks, but I don't know that they would make that much difference in the short wheel base.

DAVE ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PERIOD!!!!! I owe him much gratitude!!! The deal on this was unreal!! 4.2g's with the grapple sitting in my driveway, and I got a free dinner and breakfast!! NOTHING BUT GOOD PEOPLE!!!!

I will take the camera and try and get some good shots, as best I can solo, tommorow!!
Anybody have ideas on a decent scabard for these things?

16x16, yup that constitutes a log. I am trying to finger out how to mount some stuff to hold stuff to mine. A scabard sounds about right.

16x16, yup that constitutes a log. I am trying to finger out how to mount some stuff to hold stuff to mine. A scabard sounds about right.

I figure since I am cutting standing dead/blowdowns, all I have to do is make a couple of cuts, haul the wood back and find another one. If the saw runs out of gas, I should have enough wood to justify a trip back to the truck anyway. I just want to carry a saw full of oil and fuel, then run back and forth. If that makes sense?

Latest posts

Back