Quadrafire 5700

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woody69

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience w/ this stove? Seems like i have to constantly adjust the air to keep it up to temp.

Been running a 4300 Step Top 24hr/7days for a few weeks and it has strictly been a set it and forget it method of operation. As far as I know the 4300 and 5700 are basically the same design with the 5700 having a bigger fire box. Mine is the Advanced Combustion Control (ACC) model so it has two draft adjustments. I've been running the main upper control around 1/4-1/3 open overnight and when I'm gone to work, this has given me 10 hours on a burn (upon return, lots of hot coals, add full logs no paper and kindling, house between 70 and 72 deg). When I'm around the house I'll put the main control up around 2/3-3/4 open and the house will be a cozy 76 deg. The only time I have used the side draft control is upon loading to set the snap disc timer so that the added logs light off properly. My install is straight out the roof, 6' double wall black pipe inside, 8' triple stainless outside, no outside air intake, no blower. One thing I have learned is to let a load complete a full burn cycle before adding more logs. This keeps the stove temp pretty constant, between 375 and 450 measured on the top left front corner. When I've added logs mid cycle it drags the temp down to 250 sometimes which makes for a larger temp swing in the overall burn cycle. This was a surprise to me, I figured keeping it full all the time would make for a more predictable fire, but it seems to be the contrary.

Latest posts

Back