Quartering a log to load on ute (Photos)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let's see something the truck can do. Looks like fun all around for you, Matilda's Mate. Thanks for the pics. And, oh ya, how about one of the inside of the log. What kind of wood is that?

I too want to see what that wood looks like. Is it hard and dense like many aussie woods? Was that a tree destined for the landfill?

Radiata pine

I too want to see what that wood looks like. Is it hard and dense like many aussie woods? Was that a tree destined for the landfill?

Hi Woodshop Log was Radiata pine,not native to Australia,a soft wood.Mainly used for house framing,pulpwood,particle board,flooring,salt treeted and creasote posts. We scabbed it off a massive bommy pile,the forestry dept was going to put a match to,sadly its still going to get turned into firewood by me,too many logs collected and not protected,not enough time to mill all my logs.we cut that log up about 10 months ago last winter.

Inside of log was Great

Let's see something the truck can do. Looks like fun all around for you, Matilda's Mate. Thanks for the pics. And, oh ya, how about one of the inside of the log. What kind of wood is that?

Log was Radiata pine,not native to Australia,a soft wood.Mainly used for house framing,pulpwood,particle board,flooring,salt treeted and creasote posts. We scabbed it off a massive bommy pile,the forestry dept was going to put a match to,sadly its still going to get turned into firewood by me,too many logs collected and not protected,not enough time to mill all my logs.we cut that log up about 10 months ago last winter. Inside of log was great origanaly,Real grey looking now,Pretty blue stained.

Back