Question about muffler mods?????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

creaid

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I just purchased a new ms361. Do I need to wait until it's broken in before doing a muffler mod? I would rather have the mod done by someone who knows what there doing. Can I purchase a muffler that is already modified or is there anywhere to send it to have it done? Thanks!

I just purchased a new ms361. Do I need to wait until it's broken in before doing a muffler mod? I would rather have the mod done by someone who knows what there doing. Can I purchase a muffler that is already modified or is there anywhere to send it to have it done? Thanks!

Unless you're in good with the dealer, wait till it's out of warranty to mod - it may void the warranty depending on whether it would be related to any problem you might have - which is probably none with that saw. Get at least ten tanks of fuel through it - then decide if you still want to do mod.

Knowing the benefits of a proper muffler mod, ...Were it me that had a brand new saw. I would want one from Day one, even before the break in.
Besides making the saw have more power, your running the saw at considerably lower cylinder temperatures, effectively lengthening the saws life. The saw is getting more lubrication. These are great aspects even if you did not care about all the extra power.

Man I wish I had a 361 instead of my crappy 029, lol.

Sam.

modified muffler

i would like some or any info on where to buy a modified muffler for a husjy 372 xp. if anyone has info please private me it.

Back