Question About Samson Tenex Rope

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YUKON 659

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I was curious to know if anyone has ever used (or would use) Samson Tenex 1/2" or 9/16" rope to pull trees over.

Jeff

tenex for pulling?

Jeff,

You certainly could use Tenex for pulling the tree over as it has the strength to do so, however, due to the construction of the rope itself I would say that there are better options out there.

Hollow braid ropes in general tend to "pick" more than say 16 strand arborist lines. In your example of pulling the tree over I would think that the line would become "picked" and damaged much easier when the tree crashes to the ground.

Try some double braid rigging lines or old climbing lines, they might work better for you.

Thanks for the reply Rich...the only reason I was considering the Tenex is because I had an opportunity to buy a 200' plus hank of 1/2" at a very reasonable price.

Jeff

tenex for pulling?

Jeff,

If you can get a great deal on the Tenex by all means do it. 1/2" is great for whoopie slings, smaller dead eyes, and tons of other stuff. If you make a bunch of stuff and then get sick of the rest, let me know I will gladly help ya get rid of it.

rich

Back