Question about top handlebar angle: Husky/Jred

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woodie

"Cap'n Bullcrap'n"
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone for the replies to my earlier (first!) post...good information.

One other question about the Husky 353 vs. Jred 2152: The Husky has the angled front handle, while the Jred is 90-degrees to the bar. The only other saw I've got any real hours on had an angled handle.

So my question--which one do most of you prefer? That seems like a stupid question, since I'm the only one that needs to care. But here's the thing...it's too tough to tell, by picking up each saw and making a handful of test cuts in the parking lot, which one will serve me better after cutting for five hours in the middle of the woods. Jred claims the straight handle to allow easier line-up in felling, but I'm really not going to do much felling at all with this saw. For the Jred owners out there, how do you like limbing/bucking for long periods of time with the straight handle? Does it make much of a difference?

Again, thanks in advance.

I've never ran a JRed, but it'll be up to you. I wouldn't worry too much about the the handlebar lining up for falling trees. Any decent modern saw will have falling sights cast into the saw itself for that purpose.

"Feel" of a saw comes up alot when talking about Stihl vs. Husky, and the same applies here. If it feels good to you, go for it. Any saw is going to tire you after five hours of cutting. Straight or angled will likely be the least of your concerns. It'd look more to weight, A/V and hp. To be honest, I've never paid attention to what any of my saws have on them. They just "feel" good to me.

Welcome to AS!

Last edited:
The new Huskies ans well as the new generation of Dolmars have angled front handles. The reason?-Ergonomics studies show this toi me less fatiguing an dless likely to cause wrist damage. For those who started out withstraight across handlebars this may feel odd-A friend commented immediately that my Dolmar 7900 "felt funny" with that angled handle. Personally I switch back and forth between the styles without giving it a thought. If you are just starting go for the ergonomic handle-it is supposed to be healthy and in any case it is what is likely going to be appearing on all the new models.

The angled handles of the Huskys are much preferable imo, both for ergonomics and to a degree safety (with a natural grip on the handlebar during verical bucking, the potensial kick-back path will be over your right shoulder with the Husky angle, and more or less streight at your head with the Jonsered :censored: ).

In fact, the handlebar angle is the only thing I hold against Jonsered vs. Husky, as they sure look nicer.....

Latest posts

Back