rabbits!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chainsawaddict

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
What are some good ways to repel rabbits? I've got 10 new little burr oak that are starting to look like rabbit bait. I dont want to cage them because they are right next to my driveway(rural area) and the way the snow has been blowing this year ill constantly be plowing out the drifts they start. I only have 10 so I dont want to buy a big jug of plant skydd. Any info would be great!

lead poisioning...lol. Or find a stray cat and feed it on the porch for a few days. If it stays around...the rabbits will be gone.

Rabbits can be a pain to control.

It seems when ya shoot one, 5 come to the funeral and stay!

Seriously though, if they are chewing on your Oak starts, they are hungry.

If you don't wish to shoot/trap the little boogers, provide them with an alternative food supply well away from the Oaks and remove or move brush piles used for cover. Next spring make sure to shoot every Woodchuck, and fill every woodchuck hole you find. Rabbits don't dig, they take over or share woodchuck holes. It really is easier to just shoot them.

Best thing I have found is a couple buddys that love to Rabbit hunt, and leaving the Coyote population alone unless they get out of hand.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

How little are your new trees? They should have tree guards on them anyway for winter protection and this physical barrier is also good for rabbit protection.

Sylvia

Back