Racing rim sprockets

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Four Paws

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I know Madsens makes custom racing sprockets - but they are 3/8 and .404 pitch sprockets, and also (I am assuming) large spline. Is there anyone that sells a .325 9 pin sprocket for a small spline clutch drum? I have a project that I am putting back together and I want to start playing around with some different combinations. Thanks!

Josh

The reason they don't make a racing .325 sprocket is that it doesn't work. 3/8's is faster. If you have a saw that could turn a 9 pin .325 gear, it can pull a 3/8 chain. The teeth are too small and too close together on .325 chain for chip clearance. .325 makes poor race chain.

Thanks for the response. The only reason I was interested was because I have NOT been able to find a 12" or 13" 3/8 bar to fit my saw. I already have a 13" .325" bar and chain - was just gonna try it out. If you or anyone else know of a pro-quality 3/8" bar in the following bar mount (Borrowed from Mike Acres site - THANKS!) please let me know. I haven't had any luck using the selector guides on Oregons or Windsors website.

Oregon: A041
Windsor: PKU
To fit: ECHO, DOLMAR, JOHN DEERE, MAKITA, POULAN, SHINDAIWA CONSUMER SAWS

Thanks, Josh

You might try Total bars or G.B. as that is what most Shins that I see around here are running. They almost always have .325 but can have the tips swapped out or ordered installed. The old OEM bars I see are the old Oregon tip mount and the tips could be swapped as well. I have only been able to get .325 by 9 in the large mount. No one seems to make it in the small mount.

Yeah, I will have to talk to a dealer. I have found 12" .050" hard-tip bars, but I don't want a hard tip.

i got a couple .325x9 large spline pm for price

could you use a 16" bar?...let me know and i'll look in the pile

Four Paws said:
Yeah, I will have to talk to a dealer. I have found 12" .050" hard-tip bars, but I don't want a hard tip.

If cannot find what you are looking for let me know and I will see who has what around here.

325 9 is a stihl stock part.

I have found a 325 10, but nothing bigger.

325 RS chain with 9 pin is pretty close to 3/8 8 pin. There is slightly less chip clearance, but more cuters hitting the wood.

Some other 325 chain has much smaller in the cutters and slower though.

timberwolf said:
325 9 is a stihl stock part.

I have found a 325 10, but nothing bigger.

325 RS chain with 9 pin is pretty close to 3/8 8 pin. There is slightly less chip clearance, but more cuters hitting the wood.

Some other 325 chain has much smaller in the cutters and slower though.

.325 may be a stock Stihl part BUT it is large spline or the Stihl only version of small spline, Stihl does not make a normal small spline rim.

Back