raco jr(1620)stump grinder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madchiwawa

Reaction score
Hay the rotor belt broke off my RAYCO 1620 and disappeared so any body have a part #for a gates or? belt to order? THANX. . . :) BRENT.:chainsaw: :chainsaw: :chainsaw: :help:

get triple fan belt pulleys put on it you wont be disapointed,if you need pics let me know.

When I had my 1620 I went through some belts. A source of belts is your local power transmission dealer (gearboxes, belts,pullies) also a bearing dealer can get this stuff for you. They just need to measure it out for you if you don't have the specs. Those belts were not cheap. Probably $65 at the cheapest.

I also had a 1620jr, great little machine, only turned it over 1 time on those 3 wheels :cry: Before putting the new belt on check your pullies on both ends. Mine were worn down so bad that the tops were like razors and they would cut up a new belt very quickly. parts are still available at most rayco dealers, or contact rayco directly. Be careful.

that's a good point about the pullies. I now remember that I had to replace the one on the engine because it was not getting enough grip on the belt. So I would tighten it up and then cut the belt! Good catch! BTW, I remember you posting about bearing life. I am at 325 hours on my 1625 and still no issues. I grease them every 10 hours.I had to replace the clutch at 115 hours. Bearing died. Company went good for it and did a retro fit to the clutch with the fan. This spring they did a recall on the hydraulic drive motor. The machine would creep down hill on me. Currently using 700 series green teeth on the outside six positions only. How has your machine been going?

Last edited:
stump grinder said:
that's a good point about the pullies. I now remember that I had to replace the one on the engine because it was not getting enough grip on the belt. So I would tighten it up and then cut the belt! Good catch! BTW, I remember you posting about bearing life. I am at 325 hours on my 1625 and still no issues. I grease them every 10 hours.I had to replace the clutch at 115 hours. Bearing died. Company went good for it and did a retro fit to the clutch with the fan. This spring they did a recall on the hydraulic drive motor. The machine would creep down hill on me. Currently using 700 series green teeth on the outside six positions only. How has your machine been going?

I switched back to all Rayco teeth and bearing have been holding up. Coming up on 400 hours and new type clutch with fan has been ok also. Rayco also changed my drive motor under recall. Old one never gave me any trouble, but they changed it anyway. I actually think the old one was faster. I am happy with the machine and it has paid for itself a few times over now.

Latest posts

Back