Rant...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4x4American

Got Sawdust?
Reaction score
Soo..a logger I know fairly well was supposed to deliver me a load of saw logs for my new mill. He lives right up the road, and I've done alot of welding/fabricating/mechanical work for him. I told him on monday that the mill was coming on friday, and he said for sure he'd be able to get me a load by thursday night. Welp thursday night come around and not a word from him. Called and left message, nothing. I still haven't heard from him. So I've called 10-11 different loggers I know who have loaders on their trucks, most didn't answer. Finally got in touch with one who owns a logging supply shop down the road, he said he'd be able to get me a load later on that day (friday) and to give him a call at 1600. So I did, no answer. Called a few times and left message, haven't heard back. Got in touch with him saturday, he said can't today, but tomorrow there's a real good chance, call at 8am. So I did. No answer, left message. I'm real polite and kind when I leave messages, but I'm not getting anywhere and I need a load of saw logs. Got in touch with another logger he gave me a number of a guy who's cutting by me and can get me a load of softwood (mainly pine) sometime next week for $250mbf. (is that price about right?) I didn't figure it'd be so hard to get a load of logs in a logging town. Log trucks are constantly driving by my house loaded and unloaded. Alot of the outfits are mechanized and mainly are into pulp. My neighbor who logs also trucks for 4 different cutters, and only trucks for outfits that still use powersaws. With the bunchers and the delimbers and all that, they make a real mess of the timber.

Anyways...hopefully something will come. The guy I bought the mill off of told me that the big mills are going to stop buying pine soon and that I should be able to get a good price on a load of pine. I'm not sure what a good price is though.

Latest posts

Back