Ready for the extreme cold -27temp -57wind chill here

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodman6666

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
jan boiler.JPG jan boiler.JPG Very cold here -27 temp last night with -57 wind chill tonight -15 with -40 wind chill
Ive got the old girl loaded and ready

Not as bad here. Outside temp is -13 F. Likely the coldest it's been here in my short lifetime. I burned more than 200 pounds of wood overnight. That same quantity will burn for more than 26 hours when the temp is in the 30's.

eta:

The data shows i was incorrect.....in 1984 Detroit was 7 degrees colder than it is right now.

Last edited:
I've been poking fun at people on my facebook page complaining about the cold. Temperature here got to 0 or a little below and that is all people can talk about. You would think no one here had ever seen negative temperatures before even though it happens almost once every year for as long as I can remember. Although this morning is the first time I can remember getting up a 6:30 because the stove needed more wood. I'm sure it has happened before but only getting 8 hours of heat from a stove load of locust must mean it was a little on the cold side last night.

Ha! cold enough in Georgia the creek is starting to freeze over, I think we hit about 5 degrees by early morning, it is 14 now. This is WAY cold enough for here....

Attachments

• IMG_20140107_113528.jpg
    IMG_20140107_113528.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 7
Woodman, you wanna give another shot of that boiler with a size perspective in it?

That ain't your average CB...

Latest posts

Back