Wind damage- arborist recommendations?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DP425

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I’m in the greater Lansing, MI area- anyone else around here knows we got smashed with a 80+MPH winds last night- northeast of Lansing saw a tornado come through that killed 5. You can’t go anywhere without driving over downed lines, and seeing trees laid waste to.

Well, I have some very large trees in my front yard. It’s actually what made me like this house when we were house / property hunting in 2020.

The largest tree suffered a main branch split up in the canopy. I’m really hoping it can be repaired.

I’ve also got a bunch of other trees I just want looked at.

Does anyone know of a good Arborist who services the greater Lansing area?

I’d like to get someone out here soon, who isn’t just a tree butcher, itching to cut. I cut wood myself and heat with wood…. But I really value these huge oaks and maples in my front yard for the shade and aesthetics. I’m hoping they can be saved.

Check treesaregood.org for, ideally, an arborist who is tree risk assessment qualified. If there are none, at least a certified arborist. Neither of these won't guarantee you don't have a hack, but better odds if you don't have anything else to go on.

Expect to pay a consultation visit.

There's a large group of arborist at this site.

Some photos would be nice. Of course we are limited by what we can see in photos Vs a site visit......

...............but we are an excellent place to start.
ABC news last nite had extensive coverage of the Grand Rapids and Lansing areas, damage, coverage and reports! real bad up there for those folks. over on the GM ck in thread there are a lot of pix up and a foto album link posted by chipper1

overall 8 tornados OH and MI, 5 in MI, 5 killed! :(

just google:

images tornado damage lansing mi

I’m in the greater Lansing, MI area- anyone else around here knows we got smashed with a 80+MPH winds last night- northeast of Lansing saw a tornado come through that killed 5. You can’t go anywhere without driving over downed lines, and seeing trees laid waste to.

Well, I have some very large trees in my front yard. It’s actually what made me like this house when we were house / property hunting in 2020.

The largest tree suffered a main branch split up in the canopy. I’m really hoping it can be repaired.

I’ve also got a bunch of other trees I just want looked at.

Does anyone know of a good Arborist who services the greater Lansing area?

I’d like to get someone out here soon, who isn’t just a tree butcher, itching to cut. I cut wood myself and heat with wood…. But I really value these huge oaks and maples in my front yard for the shade and aesthetics. I’m hoping they can be saved.
best wishes to you! :)

Back