Real men don't wear ear plugs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think when I noticed the most difference was back late 80s early 90s running a open cab Tree Farmer skidder Detroit engine with the exhaust stack above the cab I could still hear the engine droning in my ears laying in bed in the middle of the night, I gradually mostly started wearing hearing protection for most noisy activities and always have access to ear plugs as a minimum and generally have several pairs in my pants pocket but hearing loss damage has already been done but thankfully no tinnitus as of yet.
Hope you never get it, very annoying. Just when you think it's gone it comes back again..

When one of those ships was along side and firing exploding cannonballs, I bet they needed new underwear. 🤔
They didn't really get that close unless it was boarding time. Parking next to a man-of-war ship was begging for destruction. Each ship attempted to get the best position for its individual cannonade. Some might be lower than the other ship and would try to get close. Others might be trying to stay a good bit off the other ship, so as to allow its superior range to destroy the opposition without much risk.

Don't know if it's poor finger skills or odd ear canals but have a hell of a time inserting earplugs, tried MANY types, use my stihl helmet, wore out my old lightspeed ANR headset mowing lawn, use earmuffs there. Lot of motorcycling, used inflatable earseal helmets for several years but they wore out and are NLA. A good windshield adjusted for proper wind deflection makes a huge difference. Wouldn't road trip without a windshield.
Anyways my point; Tinnitus. Many of us oldsters have it.
This is supposed to help https://www.ata.org/train-the-brain-to-tackle-tinnitus
I pretty much DIY'd to the same result, seeing one of these threads has it return for a bit, otherwise I don't notice/hear the ringing.

Don't know if it's poor finger skills or odd ear canals but have a hell of a time inserting earplugs, tried MANY types, use my stihl helmet, wore out my old lightspeed ANR headset mowing lawn, use earmuffs there. Lot of motorcycling, used inflatable earseal helmets for several years but they wore out and are NLA. A good windshield adjusted for proper wind deflection makes a huge difference. Wouldn't road trip without a windshield.
Anyways my point; Tinnitus. Many of us oldsters have it.
This is supposed to help https://www.ata.org/train-the-brain-to-tackle-tinnitus
I pretty much DIY'd to the same result, seeing one of these threads has it return for a bit, otherwise I don't notice/hear the ringing.
I I lost some high frequency hearing when. I was 12.

A good set of ear muffs are one of the best investments you can make. I bought my Peltors back in the 80's and they still make replacement parts for them.
Just a brief period of time is all it takes to ruin your hearing, always use protection.
A firecracker next to my right ear when I was 12 List some high frequency sounds

Thank God I am 78 and still have most of my hearing .

My son just sent me this today.

View attachment 1131848

And an early bday present for pops 😎

View attachment 1131849
1701450537549.png 1701450568940.png

awesome pix!! :heart:
and a salute to that proud Dad!!! ... gotta love all that gaberdine green! :yes:

got me a pair of USMC g. g. jogging togs. a gift to me from some Marines! 🤩 i cherish them proudly... globe n anchor on top! they are my cold weather jammies.... 😋

great pix! enjoyed seeing it. little doubt about it, your son is :numberone:

😎

View attachment 1132043 View attachment 1132045

awesome pix!! :heart:
and a salute to that proud Dad!!! ... gotta love all that gaberdine green! :yes:

got me a pair of USMC g. g. jogging togs. a gift to me from some Marines! 🤩 i cherish them proudly... globe n anchor on top! they are my cold weather jammies.... 😋

great pix! enjoyed seeing it. little doubt about it, your son is :numberone:

😎

I vividly remember hearing that song played during the EGA ceremony. Still gives me chills every time I hear it.

Listen to the radio with it off a read with your eyes closed you have trouble with that an it’s a pain in the ______ Use personal protection then my friend stay safe .

Latest posts

Back