Real nice Homelite XL-12

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BostonBull

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Just got a nice XL-12 in with a broken handle bar. The handle bar may be welded but I am sure they are easy enough to find and repalce. The saw is in real nice shape. I didnt have time to try and get it running but the guy said he had it running this year. It has great compression.

Heres some pics. I removed some covers for a better view and the clutch drum was already off with the Bar and chain.

Last edited:
I think that "Real nice Homelite XL-12" is an oxymoron. Like civil war or giant shrimp.
Mark

or real nice POS. (not yours, just oxymoron) I don't know your thoughts on the matter, but phicies isn't real nice to me, although every once in a while I take a real nice..... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

RaisedByWolves said:
Did you post the right pics?

Give you $10.00 shipped.

I can't keep my mouth shut anymore. I just have to say something since I've sold a lot of XL-12s in the past.

To me, the pics don't line up with 'Real Nice' I have A LOT of XL-12s and if I had to rate this one on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being as new and 1 being siezed up and covered in dirt, I'd give the saw pictured a 3.

Looking at my ebay records, my blue XL-12s, in the past, have sold for around $40-$50 for ones in nice running condition and $10-20 for un-run saws like the one above with maybe one or two flaws.

I think you hooched your sale when you didn't say " I poured some mix in the carb and it popped off"...:D

It looks very similar to a Sears 3.7 saw I have from the mid seventies or so.

:deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: Ouch I am sorry!!!!! This saw will be thrown in the dumpster in the morning! I didnt realize it was that big of a piece!

I thought old homies were worht something they are just as useless and worthless as new homies I guess.

Bull, they are worth something, it is a good little saw.

But takin a stab in the dark and setting the price at $200 is not a way to sell a saw in that condition. The biggest value in that perticulat XL in that condition is in the piston/cyl if the comp tests good. (140-160)

I would pay the shipping for it as a parts saw.

I would also make you a fair offer on the 360 you have up, but judging by the pricing on this one, Im at a loss as what to do.

I like the Homies a lot, and theres certain ones I would pay a premium for if they were in good condition, but with bad paint and no stickers left......

As with anything Vintage, looks matters as much as function.

Back