reassembly of crankcase

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flbosco

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
hi folks, i am reassembling a Stihl 026 crankcase after painting. what do i need to do to ensure that the timing is correct? I have not done this before and wonder what ensures that fly/fan wheel wheel passes magneto at the correct time. Thanks

line the key on the crank up with the flywheel slot and thats all there is to it. Use a business card to gap the coil leads with the magnets to pull the coil to the flywheel.

line the key on the crank up with the flywheel slot and thats all there is to it. Use a business card to gap the coil leads with the magnets to pull the coil to the flywheel.

Yep, thats it. Pretty straight forward.

Yep that's about it. The 038 calls for 0.008-0.012", I set that with a 0.010" feeler gauge. I don't have a service manual for 026 but I expect its much the same gap.

Back