recent CSM slabbings

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tribalwind

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
just a a few pics of the oak i finished the other week,
and a tulip i'm still working on.

this oak was touch as nails, maybe it didnt help that it was frozen?
the base was all rotted in the center, friend had to take it down, i cut off cookies till i stopped seeing rot. there was like 10' or so left..
1x1 stickers on an oak base from big old pallet. look ok? i havent stacked much at all,till now my milling hasall been smaller sections i used green for rustic benches etc... thats my friend billy and 'kajira',she's an italian mastiff. and a huge scaredy cat.thoguh looks like a big pitbull up close/

these are the short Tulip pieces i got done so far.and a few cookies. theres still a 10' and 4' section i trimmed up,and will get to this week i think. this is some pretty wood,when wet the grain really pops out, lot of mineral coloring,the woman who owned it knows plants, said it's tulip, but not poplar tulip.i'm not sure .i know poplar i've bought gets that mineral coloring a lot..which i like.
the stickers are made from phenolic sheet stock i had laying around. got a local source for it.
tonight i cut up a bunch more, and about 32 table-saw zero clearance inserts to sell off. 4"x14".

Last edited:
Sure looks like tulip poplar that we have around here. Looks nice :clap:

Back