Redmax opinions wanted

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
alderman said:
Does anybody want to pipe in with an opinion about Redmax equipment?

Don't know much about Redmax at all. Only fooled with a Redmax backpack blower once. The thing was big , heavy, kinda sloppy controls on it but it ran like a race car, it was somekind of powerfull.....................

I have used a Redmax 5000 for over a year. I put over 2000 tanks of gas thru it. Very tough saw. It is still going, sold it to another logger and he has run it for a year. Here they run about as strong as a 346, only at higher rpm. My brother in law has a 621, it is as strong as my 2159. Here a Redmax is about $150-$200 cheaper than other brands. I would highly recommend one.

I dont know much about there chainsaws but i do know they make a real good weedeater (string trimmer). They are heavy though but real smooth.

Red Max must have put thier line on a diet. Whenever I pick up a Redmax tool it supprizes me how light it is. Thier pro model trimmers are unbeliveably light

red max makes great stuff.........

but their dealer network leaves a little to be desired.they seem to have more dealers than dolmar.

Butch(OH) said:
Red Max must have put thier line on a diet. Whenever I pick up a Redmax tool it supprizes me how light it is. Thier pro model trimmers are unbeliveably light

I have yet to see these new 'light' Redmax trimmers but my heavy Strato Charged straight shaft model really kicks. I honestly like my Shindaiwa and Echo trimmers better but only because of the weight.

whatsnext.....i have the same suggestion on the redmax....they are a chunk of lead but very solid. I hear good things about them though.

My Redmax cut-off saw is a re-badged Oleo-Mac. I have one Redmax top handle saw that is just like my Olympics. Good not great but the prices sure are hard to beat. Lots of dealers in the central Ohio area.

Back