Redneck Gourmet

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
We had about 7 in of snow on Tue. nite so I pushed snow and cleared around the wood pile on Wed. as well as moved a little wood. Along about 4:30 wife calls cell and says power is out, great I'll give it a while. buddy calls about an hour later to see if we have power as whole area is down. So instead of firing up the onan I tell her I'll just crank up the insert downstairs and we'll see how long power will be out. Now we used this stove to heat with before we got the heatmor but not alot the last 4 yrs. When I came back in around an hour later she had the oil lamps all lit and something smelled great. She had taken the left over roast, carrots, potatoes and made a killer beef stew on top the insert as well as A couple grilled to perfection grilled cheese samiches, now that was some fine eatin and made me miss the old insert alot more. Power was out about 3.5 hrs and it really flew. Just thought I would share with a bunch of guys and gals that would appreciate it as much as I did. Dang good woman I got there.:clap:

C.B

Latest posts

Back