Remington Chainsaws(including Mall chainsaws)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As per my civvy 754G pictured above, was that the typical paint color? And, though it will be a bit before I get mine all together, what weight/type gear lube do I run in the gear box? I'd assume it lubricates by the gears slinging it and that I wouldn't want to fill the gear box too full...

My handle brace has been bent and broken. It appears to be of a different material than the magnesium case, so I'm hoping it's aluminum and I can MIG it back together after straightening. Also have two fins broken off ofthe flywheel. Might be best to leave it be, though.

He got it, now you guys all need to pm him to death till he shows it.

You won't believe it. I have not seen it in person yet, but can't wait to.

Is this just another tease? Can you give us 2 out of three of the model numbers????? Just hoping they might be 88_ or 76_ maybe:msp_razz:

Is this just another tease? Can you give us 2 out of three of the model numbers????? Just hoping they might be 88_ or 76_ maybe:msp_razz:

I wish it was an 880. I started a separate thread but here's the SL7A I just picked up.

Chris B.

rem_sl7a_14.jpg

Yup, I do manage to do something different occasionally...just a warm up before the Model 30 sawzilla.
266468d1355010622-20121208_144952-jpg

266467-20121208_143259-1-jpg

View attachment 266467
View attachment 266468

I have some much better shots, but they're awol on my hard drive right now. I'll post 'em when I find 'em.:msp_wink::msp_wink:

Very nice....:clap: Do you need my address...:wink2:

This is the first Mall 7 Bow bar I have seen that looks like yours.
You have a rare one.

The only kind I have seen are the ones like I have.

attachment.php

Very nice....:clap: Do you need my address...:wink2:

This is the first Mall 7 Bow bar I have seen that looks like yours.
You have a rare one.

The only kind I have seen are the ones like I have.

attachment.php

Thanks! I've been tryin' really hard to find those elusive photos...got some better shots of the bar. It's a few projects behind this one, but I've gotta 7H with the same bow bar setup, with the exception of the tube. The other one is thinner walled and was chrome plated. Guess I'll step up the pump and have it rechromed when the time comes. Stay tuned.

The evilbay PL-7A

Got this yesterday morning. He has oiler issues and missing some fins off the flywheel but got him cleaned up and running late in the afternoon. Got him cranked up this morning using just the funky primer system instead of my 'Gumout' method. (Aaron is going to scold me again)

Cut untill the chain got dry. Crap burned out of the muffler.

attachment.php

attachment.php

The primer system actually worked quite well.

attachment.php

I had one of those W.T.H. moments when I first took off the air filter.:msp_confused:

Unlike Chris, I don't have to worry about paint..........................:msp_tongue:

Got this yesterday morning. He has oiler issues and missing some fins off the flywheel but got him cleaned up and running late in the afternoon. Got him cranked up this morning using just the funky primer system instead of my 'Gumout' method. (Aaron is going to scold me again)

Cut untill the chain got dry. Crap burned out of the muffler.

The primer system actually worked quite well.

I had one of those W.T.H. moments when I first took off the air filter.:msp_confused:

Unlike Chris, I don't have to worry about paint..........................:msp_tongue:

I can see that I'm going to have to send Blondie a gift certificate to somewhere nice to bribe her to confiscate your cans of Gumout and only let you use them when you're cleaning a disassembled carburetor. GET YOURSELF A SPRAY BOTTLE to put 'priming' saw mix in for Pete's sake. Priming saws with carb cleaner...................:bang:

The box arrived yesterday BTW. Everything looks great. Yours should be there today or tomorrow.

Aaron: Your package is listed as 'out for delivery' along with the evilbay Craftsman/306A I scored. Watched our letter carrier drive by and deliver packages to a neighbor and to the public school accross the street. But, no joy at the Driver's residence.

Pot Likker! He's saving it for tomorrow..............................:laugh:

Latest posts

Back