Remington Chainsaws(including Mall chainsaws)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He does real well in hard green maple. Need to run him more.

I don't think he would keep up with my Poulan 655BP however.:msp_ohmy: I guess it's the extra 5cc (yeah, right).:laugh:

That is the killer living out here on the prairies. Not much in the way of big timber or hard woods. I get the county guys to call me if they come across any big logs they take down, but it's almost always poplar. sometimes I can snag a cottonwood in the 30"dia range, but nothing like watching the vids on here with bars buried in oak, hickory, cherry,etc. It's even harder to come across vintage big cc saws.

Looked up 655 on acres, what's the BP? I'm assuming it's a poulan pro...?

Boost Port. They are STRONG 98cc saws. I've ran a PL-7A. Strong, but not in the same league as a 655 (whether BP on 'regular'). Compact for the displacement, but not any lighter. The saw I ran had a choke equipped Tillotson HS IIRC.

http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw-stickies/170357-92.htm#post4367644

You may be able to use a primer bulb meant for another application. Many Tecumseh powered lawnmowers (often sold by Sears) had a remote mounted single-line bulb similar to that. Check some lawnmower parts supply sites.

Last edited:
So when pioneer pulled the plug, poulan continued the line to the last evolution? Or were they working along the same engineering lines and poulan saw it out to the end. They look very similar, the P series and the poulan. I did not know that pioneer, partner or poulan ever merged or shared designs.

So when pioneer pulled the plug, poulan continued the line to the last evolution? Or were they working along the same engineering lines and poulan saw it out to the end. They look very similar, the P series and the poulan. I did not know that pioneer, partner or poulan ever merged or shared designs.

It was a linear evolution as companies were merged and bought out. There were several Poulan Pro models that started out as Pioneer or Partner designs.

What is it with SL-11's. Can't seem to get a good one cornered.

Mark sent me one that was locked up for parts. It had been run without an air filter until trash jammed the piston/cylinder. I got it apart but no joy, piston/rings/cylinder totally ruined. At least the muffler is good and I see how the compression release works.

I haven't seen an SL-11 listed for a while now-nor parts. There was a flood of them bout a year or so back. I'm on the look out for a good clutch cover that just says SL-11. No automatic.
Carl, that air filter nob showed up, it is for a SL-9, 14, 16. The threads are not big enough for a 4,11. Let me know if you need it

There's enough meat there to probably drill and tap it out to fit. Issue is the small dia. nut fits a lil' sloopy where it goes thru the cover. I'll just wait it out till the right one shows. Now I know that your lurking, I'll have to be fast.:laugh:

Just taking one for the team;) Chuck it on the trade pile and move on...........

Now my turn to take one for the team.

Snagged a NOS cylinder off evilbay that looked like an SL/PL-4. It is actually an SL-10. 1.780" bore and set up for compression release.

Well I do have a Wards/SL-10 carcass with a bad cylinder and piston.........................................................................

Ok guys this is my first attempt at posting a picture , so I hope it works. Here is a pic of an sl 11a that I picked up at an auction for $10. A little fresh fuel and it fired right up.

I didn't have any Remington's until a few months ago and now I have three and love 'em.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1385520499167.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1385520499167.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 128
Ok guys this is my first attempt at posting a picture , so I hope it works. Here is a pic of an sl 11a that I picked up at an auction for $10. A little fresh fuel and it fired right up.

I didn't have any Remington's until a few months ago and now I have three and love 'em.

uploadfromtaptalk1385520499167-jpg.320020

$10.00? You SUCK! BTW/ICYDK that's a badge honor here at AS.

I put in a bid on this one before the seller had a chance to change his mind.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/REMINGTON-S...Domain_0&hash=item3cd96804bb&autorefresh=true

Latest posts

Back