Remington Chainsaws(including Mall chainsaws)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking for some info ...

... on a Mighty Mite. I have an 'opportunity' to get one NIW for $100. Worth it? :msp_confused:

Thanks!

Tore into the Wards Light Weight 3.6ci (Remington SL-4A Model Profile: SL-4A) last night to get it ready to go have a new life with my brother. It runs really good and starts on the third pull but still is smoking (like a bug fogger) and the oiler don’t seem to be working. Dumped the oil bar oil out and it was thick, so I dumped in some old(new) 5w-30 I had laying there and still nothing, manual or automatic. So dumped it out and replaced with gas. I let it sit for about a hour and went back to try to start it and run the gas through the oiler and crank case seemed to have an excess of fuel in it (maybe why it is smoking so much?). Well looking for any parts list or diagrams of how this thing was put together and how to get to the oiler. This thing seems bullet proof and I think I could drive the truck over it. It was the right price too, free!

If anyone has an IPL and/or SM for the SL-4A, I could use a copy/copies as well, also for the SL-10A. I can send a PL-4 SM if anyone needs it.

When I dumped the old bar oil out of my Ward 3.6/Remington SL-4A, it smelled of fuel. I don't know if gas/oil mix made its way into the bar oil tank, or if someone cut it with something.

IPLs

If anyone has an IPL and/or SM for the SL-4A, I could use a copy/copies as well, also for the SL-10A. I can send a PL-4 SM if anyone needs it.

When I dumped the old bar oil out of my Ward 3.6/Remington SL-4A, it smelled of fuel. I don't know if gas/oil mix made its way into the bar oil tank, or if someone cut it with something.

IPLs for SL-4A & SL-10A are available on chainsawr site
If you can't open then, PM me - I probably have them

Tore into the Wards Light Weight 3.6ci (Remington SL-4A Model Profile: SL-4A) last night to get it ready to go have a new life with my brother. It runs really good and starts on the third pull but still is smoking (like a bug fogger) and the oiler don’t seem to be working. Dumped the oil bar oil out and it was thick, so I dumped in some old(new) 5w-30 I had laying there and still nothing, manual or automatic. So dumped it out and replaced with gas. I let it sit for about a hour and went back to try to start it and run the gas through the oiler and crank case seemed to have an excess of fuel in it (maybe why it is smoking so much?). Well looking for any parts list or diagrams of how this thing was put together and how to get to the oiler. This thing seems bullet proof and I think I could drive the truck over it. It was the right price too, free!

PM me, and maybe I can help you solve your oiler problem and find the source of your smoking.:chainsaw:

Dug out a Mall 2MG that I had picked up at a grage sale 5 or 6 years ago. This thread made me decide to take another look at it. It didnt run when I bought it for $30, had no spark. Turns out the coil is cracked and the main wire coming out is almost broken. If anyone knows of a source for a replacement that would be awesome. Also I can't find a parts diagram for that saw on the net anywhere. Anyone have a scan of the exploded parts they can email me? If i get this beast going I will post pics of it.

Jim

Dug out a Mall 2MG that I had picked up at a grage sale 5 or 6 years ago. This thread made me decide to take another look at it. It didnt run when I bought it for $30, had no spark. Turns out the coil is cracked and the main wire coming out is almost broken. If anyone knows of a source for a replacement that would be awesome. Also I can't find a parts diagram for that saw on the net anywhere. Anyone have a scan of the exploded parts they can email me? If i get this beast going I will post pics of it.

Jim

Lots of Mall parts on Feebay right now. Be prepared to pay. PM me, I might be able to help locate some parts for you.

Tried the dielectric grease and electrical tape job on the coil. Does anyone know of a good AVAILABLE model of condenser that i can get to replace the old one? Also, anyone have a parts breakdown on file they can send me?

Jim

Tried the dielectric grease and electrical tape job on the coil. Does anyone know of a good AVAILABLE model of condenser that i can get to replace the old one? Also, anyone have a parts breakdown on file they can send me?
Jim

Condensers are either good or short to ground. I'd test or get it tested before replaceing it.

Wards Powr-Kraft

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Am I in the right thread?

Model # is TMC24089-A, got it for $15 it's in really nice shape. Looking for an IPL but first need to confirm who made it.

Hi, sure looks like you are: 3.6 cubic inch would make that a PL4 I think...

I think so, I originally put it in the Poulan thread and was told it's a PL-4, acres picture looks the same except the muffler. Since then I figured out why the rewind wasn't working. Whoever had it before me put washers between the recoil housing and the case. I took those out and it engages perfectly. Put new fuel in it and she popped right off on about five pulls. Chain was really dull, looked in the box it came in and there is a newly sharpened non-safety chain. After dinner I am putting her in some oak to see what I get. All in all, not bad for $15! It has a sweet roller nose bar, looks NOS and hardly used. :hmm3grin2orange:

I think so, I originally put it in the Poulan thread and was told it's a PL-4, acres picture looks the same except the muffler. Since then I figured out why the rewind wasn't working. Whoever had it before me put washers between the recoil housing and the case. I took those out and it engages perfectly. Put new fuel in it and she popped right off on about five pulls. Chain was really dull, looked in the box it came in and there is a newly sharpened non-safety chain. After dinner I am putting her in some oak to see what I get. All in all, not bad for $15! It has a sweet roller nose bar, looks NOS and hardly used. :hmm3grin2orange:

I have said this before ... (sigh) ... all I ever find is dead mice. :laugh: Very nice find!

Yeah, I tried to link you to a Monty Ward/Remington thread on Google but it kacked on me when I pasted it...Nice saw...

Am I in the right thread?
Model # is TMC24089-A, got it for $15 it's in really nice shape. Looking for an IPL but first need to confirm who made it.

I'm pretty sure it's a PL-4, maybe an early one before they put a rubber grip on the HB. The IPL might be downloadable from site sponsor Chinsawr.com. If you have trouble finding it let me know, I have it & the SM that an AS member was kind enough to email to me.

Chris

Latest posts

Back