Reminising of Eden NSW Australia 1987

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozflea

Good ol' BP Zoom 25-1
Reaction score
Found these in my old photo album showing competitors competing at the Stihl sponsered Chainsaw Races.

I competed myself but didn't get in the pic's as i cannot saw and hold a camera at the same time. And after 18 years i have forgotten most of the faces but it's were i won my first Hotsaw Event and ruining Gordon Clarke's day, i 'll keep looking through my archives to see if i can find some of my escapdes at Bathurst where i flogged them again.

Mc Bob.

bc6.jpg

bc5.jpg

bc4.jpg

Last edited:
So what sort of times were these legendary Macs doing in those races?

If i told you that i'd have to shoot ya and then nail ya hide to the shed wall.

Mc Bob.

Come to Buladehlah on the 19th of November and find out for yourself.

Well the races at Bathurst (read as Eglington) was where i got this trophy winning the Unlimited Chainsaw event in 1987.

87trophy.jpg

Trophy and prize money, the money i gave back for the kids of the school.

I want a trophy like that someday! I got my throwing axe today and it looks great, I'm waiting on some parts from Dean for the Mac and I'm off and running! Great pics Bob.

It's good to see that as long ago as 1987 the Aussies wore helmets.

Then again, they got something to protect!

Ekka said:

helmets for what haha, kevlar cricket box lmao!!!

wheres this show bob,ive got a screamer with hand filed dynamite to run...

Good pics Bob. It`s interesting to see piped saws running with muffler saws in a sanctioned competition, didn`t the pipe saws dominate?

Russ

jokers said:
Good pics Bob. It`s interesting to see piped saws running with muffler saws in a sanctioned competition, didn`t the pipe saws dominate?

Russ

I'm not completely certain but i imagine this race was for modified stock saws,
i ran in the unlimited hotsaws, many of the competitors where full time bushmen and where extremely good operators so a fella really had to be really on his toes to be competitive against them.
Both Gordon Glarke and myself were saw dealers not full time bushmen.

Here's a point i forgot to mention i fronted up without all the safty gear and was politely informed that unless i wore what was needed like safety trousers or chaps along with a helmut i couldn't start, so over to the Stihl trade stand i went and spent my hard earned dollars, i still have the safety pants pity they are in Stihls colours.

Mc Bob.

a_lopa said:
helmets for what haha, kevlar cricket box lmao!!!

wheres this show bob,ive got a screamer with hand filed dynamite to run...

Bring it to Buladelah and show us just how quick it really is Buladelah is just up past Taree in NSW.
And it's on the 19th of November, start time is 8-30 am this year it's sponsered by Hqsvarna ( Huskie ) sorry but i don't speak norwegian.

Mc Bob.

Back