Removing the elbow connector from a Stihl 021 carb

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobcat

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Putting in a carb kit and would like to throw it in the ultrasonic tank for a good cleanup. There is a plastic elbow connector in the carb that needs to come out. Looking at the Stihl parts list, I see that is is not threaded. The next question is how to put it back.
If it is a big deal, I will just wash it down with a carb cleaner and start up the compressor.

It is a nice little saw to keep in back for when I run into some brush on the road. Sometimes it does not get much work to do and the gas gets a little old.

Putting in a carb kit and would like to throw it in the ultrasonic tank for a good cleanup. There is a plastic elbow connector in the carb that needs to come out. Looking at the Stihl parts list, I see that is is not threaded. The next question is how to put it back.
If it is a big deal, I will just wash it down with a carb cleaner and start up the compressor.

It is a nice little saw to keep in back for when I run into some brush on the road. Sometimes it does not get much work to do and the gas gets a little old.

attachment.php

Are you talking about the fuel inlet?? If so what solution are you using in your cleaner??

Last edited:
Good pic Ultra. That's it. Using Gunk carb & parts cleaner, part# CC3K .

Coleman fuel ? I can see why you set it up outside. Ultra.....I just wanted to clean the 021 carb, not blow the garage up !

White gas (naphtha or straight-run gasoline as it is also called) makes for a good solvent when cleaning carbs. Actually a lot of solvents are based on naphtha, as it will break down oils and remove varnish, stains and cruddy build up in things like chainsaw carberators. It is also used to make gasoline with, but gasoline has a lot more additives and heavier and lighter molecules (white gas is a mix of heptane and hexane if I recall right).

If you want to blow up your garage, use something that is more volitile, like propane, butane, pure ethanol, or natural gas. Got a light? :smoking:

Back