Replacement grinder teeth

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

purplewg

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hi folks a newbie here. I mainly do all my own tree/stump work but I have 3 farms to maintain and the pine beetles got me last year. I cut down around 20 big yellow pine trees as a result. In the past I have rented but due to the sheer amount I need to do at the three sites I decided to buy a stump grinder.

I am on my way this morning to pick up a used Rayco 1625 (2001). I looked and wanted the Vermeer SC252 but I liked the 4 wheels on the Rayco. I have used the 252 several times and just don't like that single steering end wheel.

So, I am sure this thing will need new grinding teeth and wanted some input as to what to do. Do I buy regular replacements or after marker teeth?

Initially I am looking at grinding around 40-50 stumps and then just every now and then a couple.

Lets eee while not a pro I have down over 200 trees in my life, took one huge pine down from the top down, ground probably 50 stumps, and trimmed more limbs with a pole saw than I care to remember.

thanks for the inputs. I have read a bunch here but never posted.

Spring for the greenteeth or yellow jackets.
You will have to buy bolts pockets and teeth as a package,but the small powered grinders really benefit from them a lot.

1.Once you change over,you can change individual teeth with a 3/8 ratchet.
2.You can rotate them [greenteeth have 3 positions] after they get dull on one side.
3.They cut better.

I think a chang over set will cost about $350.00 then replacement teeth are about $10 for the GT.

Not sure if YJs fit anything but Vermeer.

Welcome to AS

Thank I saw the greenteeth and wondered if they were worth the money.

Picked up the grinder yesterday in the cold, rainy, freezing temps. I see a couple things I need to correct but need a manual I guess.

after seeing my brother use green teeth on his Rayco RG50...

i will never use them. he has had excessive wear on his grinder wheel, went through a set of bearings, and goes through belts kind of often.

i get my replacement teeth for my Rayco 1635 from Demott tool and saw company in michigan. very good prices, good customer service and you send in your old worn out teeth and get a credit towards new ones.

Well, I decided to stick with the Super teeth. I bought a new set with plans to send in the old ones to have rebuilt and have the spare set.

I would like to thank Wes Spur for such fantastic turn around on my order. Ordered and bang they were here in two days.

Latest posts

Back