Replacing husky gas line

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deerlakejens

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I need to replace the fuel line on a Husky 44. Does it just pull out from the top after the filter has been removed? Anything to watch out for? Any tip to replace? I always appreciate the advice I get at this site.

Thanks!

Pull it out from inside the tank.You install the new one from inside the tank.Take a pliable rod ( hanger or else about the I.D. of the tube,bend it and go tru the hole in the tank and"pull" the hose with until the first part has come tru.Then with your fingers ,you have to pull the hose itself up to bring the boss equal to the hole in the tank.You have to pull pretty strong,put a bit of oil on the boss,pull STRAIGHT UP until the hose boss comes tru the tank,the hose is gonna stretch when you pull .

Advice worked like a charm! I fished a flexible copper wire through the fuel line port, out the gas filler port, slid the fuel line onto the wire, made a hook at the end of the wire behind the fuel line so it caught and pulled it back up the fuel line port. The first "bead" popped through far enough to grab and it was easy to pull it through the rest of the way. It was an ebay purchase saw and it started on the first pull. Runs great! Thanks again for the help!

Latest posts

Back