research

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomdcoker

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Will someone please tell me how to use the search function. I went to the advanced search and typed in engine rebuild and it came up "no match". Thanks Tom

Search on this page almost never works for me. I clicker on it and nothing happens. If you can get it to work at all try typing in the model you are interested in workng on. Might also try "rebuild" "overhaul" or something to that model to thin down results. Or how bout just asking your question and the heck with the "been asked before" birds? If they are bothered by a chainsaw question on a chainsaw board they might oughta think strongly about taking a break from the screen, good luck.

I tried again and filed out all the options ( probably not correctly) and typed in 028 stihl engine rebuild and the answer was "sorry no matches". I don't know what I am doing wrong so I will Keep trying. I know the information I want has been discussed before but I can not remember which post. Thanks Tom

you're better off just starting a new thread than f#@*ing around too much with the search feature, you may take some crap from the senior members for doing so but usually will get your question answered quicker.

TreeCo said:
I have to read hundreds of posting to find things too. Sometimes never do.

There is nothing worse than trying to find something you know is there. My temporary banning for foul language erased all of my suscribed threads :mad:

Steve

The way I find works best is to go to the advanced search, fill in your search phrase, select titles only, and if you know it is in the chainsaw forum, to only search that forum. That eliminates a lot of crap that gets pulled in, and normally gives only a couple of pages of results, and usually they contain what you are looking for. The search phrase used makes a difference, as if your term doesn't match what was used, it will often get missed.

I have saved some things to my computer and printed two note books of information, but very little on rebuilding. I do remember posts on cleaning the cylinder with a 320 grit ball hone and some information about breaking the case (pins and such and heating), but not specifics. I bought a o28 stihl yesterday that has a scored piston (not real Bad) and I thought I might give it a try, but if will be in the future. I just sold two lathes and a surface grinder and while I have some room in the shop I am going to insulate and seal it. Thanks again for all the response. Tom

TreeCo said:
Freakingstang what did you say?

I copy the text I want and keep it in word documents on my hard drive and give it a title I'll recognize. I even make folders to organize.

Lets just say that is was in a Simonizer thread about the same time head turd and all that BS was going down. I personally didn't think it was that bad, but Trimmed and a few others didn't think it was too cute.....

Latest posts

Back