Retro-Fitting a Chain Brake-Poulan Pro 295

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twstm

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Can I retro-fit a chain brake on my Poulan Pro 295? I bought the saw in '93 or '94 and it didn't come with a chain brake. I have seen a few on E-Bay but wasn't sure if it would work. I believe it is a "Type1"

Yes, find a Poulan bar cover with a brake in it that matches. The newer 295s come with a brake. You may have to file down a little plastic. I just took a brake/bar cover off of a 295 to put on a different older model and it works great. Sometimes the alignment tabs do not match up. Easy and usually cheap.

Good Seller

Cut4fun said:
I have bought several items from this seller. They back up everything and even got parts for me that they dont have listed. Good dealer to deal with, wouldnt look no further IMO. http://cgi.ebay.com/CHAINBRAKE-for-...2QQihZ002QQcategoryZ79668QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I was just looking at that very same item. I bought a sprocket for my saw from them and they shipped it quickly. I know I used the saw for all those years without a chain brake, but I'm not getting any younger! Better safe than sorry I guess.

Back