revisiting the old problem. 200T

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eagle1

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hello. I know this has been beaten up, down and sideways. I just want to see what I can do for my last effort to save my two 200T's.
I have only Stihl saws, and love them, but I have the same continuing carb problems with my 200t's.

Has there been any kind of fix yet or any suggustions??:chainsaw:

Thanks

Eagle1 said:
Hello. I know this has been beaten up, down and sideways. I just want to see what I can do for my last effort to save my two 200T's.
I have only Stihl saws, and love them, but I have the same continuing carb problems with my 200t's.

Has there been any kind of fix yet or any suggustions??:chainsaw:

Thanks

Whatcha mean by continuning problem with ya carbs. If its happening over and over the problem has yet to be solved. I got a older version , the 020T and true its a sensitive saw but man it do haul buggy in the wood. I was talking to one of the guys down at Stihl on the phone the other day. He said he got a call from a customer with a MS200T and he's having problems with it. Said it kept dying out in the cut. He told the guy to bring it over to me because I'm in his area. He also told me to check that tank vent carefully because the MS200T is very fussy about the tank vent. The customer has yet to bring it by so maybe he replaced his vent himself. Make sure your vents are good. Seeing ya have 2 carbs acting up at the sametime it may well be your vent instead of your carb based on what the feller at Stihl said about how fussy the 200T is over the tank vent...........

What Thal said...

why do you think it's your carb? what are the symptoms?

I'm not aware of any problems waiting for a fix..

Bogging/slow throtle response/shutting down, 100 pulls to start again.

I have had the same problem with 3 200t's and everyone around here that i talk to has the same problems. All Stihl dealers lay a deaf ear but it is a documented carb problem.

There is a thread here, I remember reading it maybe 6 months ago, that addressed the problem with the newer ms200t carbs. There was a problem identified, and fix discussed. It may have been Ed that figured it out, at least that's what I remember.

There was an accelerator pump issue with one version of the 200T carb... I believe it was the C1Q-61, and was replaced with the C1Q-61D in September (or so) last year. Not all saws showed problems - I've sold many 200t's and serviced a lot.. Never had the complaints listed here that could be pinned on carb other than (on some saws) a lag in cold temperatures when the saw was cold.

I've also never had a hard start problem on a 200t - they start up real good around here (assuming the boot, seals and impulse are in good order).

Cutting out and hard starting is usually not the carb, but the fuel delivery to the carb. The impulse line is suspect - it goes though a square hole in the cover and gets pinched - we just drill it out with a 1/4 round bit. Tank vents also...

Latest posts

Back