roadside wood gathering

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those laws sound like anyone can do anything they want. In my state well at least the county I have property in, the survey starts at the center of the road and then continues... with that being said can the neighbor (if there was any) cut a tree down on that easment because he finds it a nuiseance?
I don't agree with the general public (thats my opinion don't care what the law is) can come on the property I take care of because I have to and have the rights to what is there. I'm easy to get along with and like to get along with neighbors and such but I have to draw the line there. I would give someone the common curtiosy of asking before I took something, even if it's garbage. I can understand utilities and such having rights to acces and take for the common good but don't think the general public should have those rights other than maybe walking on the sidewalk. Laws sometimes (most) don't make sense in common sense situations. IMO:cheers:

I believe there are numerous versions of easements, those for streets and sidewalks, utilities and between houses. They all have different rules as far as public access. Just guessing but a utility running between 2 private properties is probably not available to public? For a long time an area that had 4wd truck trails, not roads, all over that had access provided by power line inspection trail from a local dirt road. The place was getting torn apart when a trail got impassable a new trail was made.

That inspection trail was recently blocked by Power line co. and private fencing. Property was owned on both sides of 75 yd power line easement by one person. There are now no trespassing signs galore around their perimeter and fencing.

here's what I came across tonight...

On a Natural gas line trails.. been on it a few time... found this tonight

imgp7488ug5.jpg

I could tell it was there for awhile..

this is what I got with the baby saw

(http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/2807/imgp7488ug5.jpg)

imgp7493vh8.jpg

Last edited:
I see you are doing alittle midnight shopping. How many loads to a cord with the jeep!!

Here in the suburbs if a tree is removed by a Tree Service it will cost the home owners more money to remove all of the wood from the property. So what happens is most of them pay to have the small stuff chipped and the if they do not want the wood it is stacked road side so that anyone that wants it can help themselves. I have even had people ask if I needed any help loading it. That is how it works here. Now if it is stacked in the yard or the side of the drive way then the home owner is keeping the wood.

Afternoon everyone,

Just in from a scounging session and I happened to see this thread. This load is from a landing area we cut about a year and a half ago. I left a bit of beech and yellow birch and by golly it was still there and dry as a smelt! Also scored a bit of maple off the side of the road on the way back too.
attachment.php
:cheers:

Afternoon everyone,

Just in from a scounging session and I happened to see this thread. This load is from a landing area we cut about a year and a half ago. I left a bit of beech and yellow birch and by golly it was still there and dry as a smelt! Also scored a bit of maple off the side of the road on the way back too.
attachment.php
:cheers:

Nice haul Steve. Unfortunately, $4.00 gas is going to make cruisin' aroung looking for wood a more expensive deal.

Yep your so right Poet,

It's getting really crazy. :bang: Really irritates me! First thing I'd do as President is make it a utility like electricity! Some sort of subsidy, because it effects everything else like food prices, etc..

Yep your so right Poet,

It's getting really crazy. :bang: Really irritates me! First thing I'd do as President is make it a utility like electricity! Some sort of subsidy, because it effects everything else like food prices, etc..

You'll get my vote. Perhaps you should run on an Arborist Ticket-God knows the Dems and GOP aren't collectively worth the powder it would take to blow them to Hell, as we used to say.

Nice haul Steve. Unfortunately, $4.00 gas is going to make cruisin' aroung looking for wood a more expensive deal.

That's why I don't. If it's not on my commute route, it's somebody else's. But I cheat. I can bury myself in good hardwoods from a log processor, so there's no need to go looking. He's just glad to have someone haul it away without charging him hauling & dump fees!

Latest posts

Back