Roller Nose

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lege0011

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Im looking for a 24 inch roller nose bar for my 440 mag. I havent been able to find any. My dad has a 18 or 20 inch roller nose for his Pro Mac 700 so i figured that the roller nose would be available. Any help would be appreciated.

What brand would you like?

Stihl makes the 25' in E and ES series, list the chain pitch and gauge and we can give you the part number.

GB has them in Pro top and Titanium, good bars for the money if you ask me. Several sponsers on here sell them.

Click on the link at the top of the page and go to Baileys, they sell them in Woodsmanpro and others, great folks to deal with!!

So, where do you want to start? Welcome to AS!!
Andy

sawinredneck said:
What brand would you like?

Stihl makes the 25' in E and ES series, list the chain pitch and gauge and we can give you the part number.

GB has them in Pro top and Titanium, good bars for the money if you ask me. Several sponsers on here sell them.

Click on the link at the top of the page and go to Baileys, they sell them in Woodsmanpro and others, great folks to deal with!!

So, where do you want to start? Welcome to AS!!
Andy

You're thinking of the sprocket-nose bars that are standard today. He is, I believe, looking for the old roller-nose of days-gone-by.

To answer the original question, new roller-nose bars are no longer available and haven't been for a long time. Maybe you'll find a NOS stock bar laying around or a used one. Either way, I don't recall ever seeing one for the Stihl mid-mount. I've modified a Remington roller-nose bar for my 066.

Good-luck, Chris B.

Back