Rookie mistake today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lemme see.
It's gonna be a grind tomorrow, hot and sweaty, where ever you stuck yourself is exactly the place it's gonna rub, no bandaid or bandage is gonna stick or stay . . . and on and on .
Yeah, the reminder could last several days. Been there done that, just not with a gaff.
Steve

I always use my spikes to get up a tree and my rope to get down... haven't spiked myself yet........ I probably just jinxed myself though

I always use my spikes to get up a tree and my rope to get down... haven't spiked myself yet........ I probably just jinxed myself though

I usually do too, however this wasn't a large tree and I wasn't really that high so I figured I would just climb down.

Didn't hurt one bit. I felt the stab and that was it.

That's always been my biggest fear climbing.

I haven't done it yet thankfully.

I stuck a gaff completely through my big toe when I was younger. That was the one and only time I did that... I have never forgotten that and watch where I put my boats since that day.

I stuck a gaff completely through my big toe when I was younger. That was the one and only time I did that... I have never forgotten that and watch where I put my boats since that day.

Thats because you were climbing in shorts and flip flops, and that triple thick shank is not easy to find on flip flops.

sad thing is i hv.ave seen a guy climb in sandles ,come to find out he was a huffer of paint thinner ......

Latest posts

Back