Ropensaddle's project pine growing out of roof

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i agree.

Rope, with a crane, just going by the pictures, $2500.00. Without the crane I'd bid about $3500.00. We would probably make it a one day job either way. We might have more toys to throw at it. Still looks to me like you are doing a good job of it.

Mr. HE:cool:

those figures sound about right.maybe a hair more.

looks good rope! a monumental task regardless who you put in the tree. but it is nice to see an old dog still barking from the tree top.

thanks for sharing bro.

and yes mds, i probably wouldve gotten some sap on me from setting the slings. lol.

hey treeslayer, if the 38ton couldnt reach it from the street then i gotta bet the 60ton we can use (another tree company crane) couldve gotten to it! and i just heard they got a 115ton the other day. oldirty will be swinging from that thing by winter, i just know it! lol.

hey rope. honest opinion. how much more saw it that 200t than the 334t you had been running?

new geckos? what next the 500$ ergovation saddle? you put a pulley under your knot yet?

stay safe buddy!

Nah us old farts don't need all that fancy stuff lol:cheers: The 200 was not that good until the screen came out but I have come to like it. Mine is not purdy as some on this site, even though it is newer. It is more saw than the 334t but then it was over twice the price too.:monkey: I honestly can't complain about its performance thus far though. So OD is it safe to say your a crane Queen:hmm3grin2orange:

Last edited:
no its not safe.

but if i keep up at this pace crane baby would be acceptable.

btw. the only way to climb off the ball is with a rope bag. just a little fyi for ya. lol.

Dont feel bad rope, I'm getting that way too.

Saw this landscaper broad that gets me work at the gas station the other day and she says to me "do you even climb anymore"? I almost felt insulted. I said "yeah, but only when I have to...I climbed one last week". I was feeling sort of defensive, lol.

Times change I guess - but I still got it.

Ok then how about just queen then?:cheers:

OD I can do anything for a week and back in the eighties, I was doing many of these trees with less gear than I have now. I am really rusty but if I started daily climbing again for several weeks I could keep up with you I promise.

at the very least that self proclaimed "bucket belly" would disappear! lol.

at the very least that self proclaimed "bucket belly" would disappear! lol.

Lmao that the fuel tank my friend, besides ya,all don't know what heat is. I have seen your summer and even climbed in winter on Shoreline drive in MI in -20 with a very cold wind chill. I have been doing this gig all my life and if I stay busy here ok but really my friend, my climb crew in 94 was the bomb. It was a pleasure climbing with a group of men all good climbers. I miss climbing 3000 ft mountain carrying all the gear and then, my five man crew up and down all day long! I did not have no bucket belly then friend lol.

Lmao that the fuel tank my friend, besides ya,all don't know what heat is. I have seen your summer and even climbed in winter on Shoreline drive in MI in -20 with a very cold wind chill. I have been doing this gig all my life and if I stay busy here ok but really my friend, my climb crew in 94 was the bomb. It was a pleasure climbing with a group of men all good climbers. I miss climbing 3000 ft mountain carrying all the gear and then, my five man crew up and down all day long! I did not have no bucket belly then friend lol.

Wow! You must sweat rope fiber! lol

Wow! You must sweat rope fiber! lol

Lol I miss my climb crew money stunk but they were the bomb. We had a friggin blast and the town wrote about us we were call the crazy men on the mountain lmao. I did not know what they were meaning until I left the crew to go buy us all a pizza. Everyone in Hot Springs could hear us plainly up there talking and they could see the limbs being cleared too. We talked a lot of #### up there, funny #### too lol. I gave everyone nick names ole rope, then there was crumplestihlskin,shaky,buzzard,and heavy metal. We had me a kinda wild man,
a sleep anywhere man,a cowboy that shook with spurs on the ground,a headbanger that well head banged and my top hand that called himself hawk but I called him buzzard or buzzy for short"sorry oldirty but the buzzard thing was way before your time pard lmao.

Rope, with a crane, just going by the pictures, $2500.00. Without the crane I'd bid about $3500.00. We would probably make it a one day job either way. We might have more toys to throw at it. Still looks to me like you are doing a good job of it.

nice job rope...we would be around the same price as above. The white pine I made a video of not to long ago was 2500 and the stump was 525.

Nice to see someone back up their posts with some great work pics!!

Cheers! :cheers:

Well the mds project sugar maple is down. Just gotta clean up some brush and move about 30 cords of wood - oh, and topsoil the dent from dropping the trunk(s). I thought for awhile there I might eat some of this one, but were getting her. Got two days in so far and shes down, and its all tractor/ground dog work. The massive trunk split into three pieces, nice suprise. Not too bad 1400 per day, right in town.

Waiting to see how rope makes out.

100 in the sun up here today. Hey rope, is it just me or is the bucket like an incubator?? Crikey, its hot in that thing. Beer time. :cheers:

Ok men hang tight I am bringing more picks, late start :newbie: did not show but called supposed to be there tomorrow! I had to come down threes time once bout passed out it was pushing 105 index today and 100 actual bad friggin hot to be chunking wafers.

z91628055.jpg

Latest posts

Back