Rotatech chain?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lostone

lostone

Addicted to ArboristSite
It was just out of curiosity that I ask, It came with a 24" McCulloch bar that I ordered from Fleabay. I plan to mount the bar on a PM 700 and will be ordering either some LGX or RS chain for it. I have used RS and have been happy with it but I am also hearing some good things about the LGX chain, I ordered one loop of it (LGX) for a Echo cs-590 but haven't had a chance to try it out yet. Being UK sellers on the Rotatech chain I didn't know if we had some members there that had experience with it.

J.W Younger

J.W Younger

ass kissing impaired
It was just out of curiosity that I ask, It came with a 24" McCulloch bar that I ordered from Fleabay. I plan to mount the bar on a PM 700 and will be ordering either some LGX or RS chain for it. I have used RS and have been happy with it but I am also hearing some good things about the LGX chain, I ordered one loop of it (LGX) for a Echo cs-590 but haven't had a chance to try it out yet. Being UK sellers on the Rotatech chain I didn't know if we had some members there that had experience with it.
Like you said earlier, everything I can find on it sounds like advertising. Some of the wording makes me think Asian translation.
I hope it turns out to be good quality, might make the price of others come down.

Conquistador3

Conquistador3

Le Comte de Frou Frou
It's a typical China chain: it's fine for light use in clean wood but will become dull at the speed of sound if there's even a whiff of dirt around. In short forget using it as a "junk" chain for cutting stumps because you'll spend your days filing it. :laugh:
You can find the same chain sold under a variety of names on eBay but it's not the same chain sold by Huztl.

Little Al

Little Al

Addicted to ArboristSite
Sold by & supposed to be manufactured by them a UK Based company Northern Arb Supplies no Idea country of production to get the "Deal I had to buy 2 chains so bought a 3/8x1.3 LO PRO in 50& 55 DL 's the 55 DL was as some Oregon 91 VXL "grabby out of the box 50 was OK stretched a lot first off but then settled down not a super cutting chain about half way "twixt"Chicom & Quality to me not as good as Huztl chains & they cost more money If you use 30mins cutting every 2 or so weeks you may find them OK but if you put a few hours on them a better known name would serve you better

lostone

lostone

Addicted to ArboristSite
Well sounds about like it is about what I expected it to be. Guess there is the reason I was planning to order LGX or RS chain for the saw anyway. I go with what I know or have read a ton of good reviews on.

TreeswingerPerth

TreeswingerPerth

ArboristSite Operative
I’ve been using them on a 660 both a 25” and a 36” , they are not Stihl or Oregon quality but a decent chain for the money , they take a good edge and don’t blunt that quick !
Only my opinion.

Latest posts