Rule 13

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would I?

• Yes I would be pleased

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • No I would not be pleased

Votes: 92 94.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Answer this question why pay to be a sponsor when it does not pay off to be a sponsor ?
i will probily move my sponsorship to a new place nicer atmosphere
where i will be the only sponsor

Calvin, several times people here on ArboristSite have given to you very sound advice on how to better organize your business to increase sales. If you have the stock of NLA parts that you constantly mention, you should and could be making plenty of sales via AS, at least enough to cover your sponsorship fee ($20.00 a month?). If you're not, it's not the fault of ArboristSite, because AS clearly has the most active chainsaw forum on the internet.

Reactions: PB
Calvin, several times people here on ArboristSite have given to you very sound advice on how to better organize your business to increase sales. If you have the stock of NLA parts that you constantly mention, you should and could be making plenty of sales via AS, at least enough to cover your sponsorship fee ($30.00 a month?). If you're not, it's not the fault of ArboristSite, because AS clearly has the most active chainsaw forum on the internet.

fixed it for you i thought i was told before the nos stuff is hard to get rid of

Last edited:
Answer this question why pay to be a sponsor when it does not pay off to be a sponsor ?
want to check something click my facebook link

I would imagine it would pay to be a sponsor if the sponsor gets back to people when they have questions, and follow up with potential customers.

amen brother!

Calvin, several times people here on ArboristSite have given to you very sound advice on how to better organize your business to increase sales. If you have the stock of NLA parts that you constantly mention, you should and could be making plenty of sales via AS, at least enough to cover your sponsorship fee ($20.00 a month?). If you're not, it's not the fault of ArboristSite, because AS clearly has the most active chainsaw forum on the internet.

It is because people will ask him about a part and he will tell them he will check and get back to them......

Not very profesional.

If I was in retail I would bend over backwards for the customer. And if someone asked me a question I would answer ASAP. And if a customer calls, and you say you will check and call them back, I would call them back.

But, that is just me.

It is because people will ask him about a part and he will tell them he will check and get back to them......

Not very profesional.

If I was in retail I would bend over backwards for the customer. And if someone asked me a question I would answer ASAP. And if a customer calls, and you say you will check and call them back, I would call them back.

But, that is just me.

im not baileys i do not have 10,000 employees or so i am one person operation so it takes time to do things
read the testimonials on my site at what others have to say besides i am not been feeling well in the past two weeks bad cough and coughing up green mess besides my mom is getting worse off so im about to loose my mom if people cannot take that into consideration then i dont know

Last edited:
I told you I don't accept monopoly money. No money no boxers.

Ok, tomorrow I'll send pocket lint, sawdust, the two moldy fries from under my seat, a cigarette butt and a condom package... deal?

Got him as well!
Even been trying to get you Dan, but I can't, sorry.

Edit: Thank you Dan!

Last edited:
Hello all,
Let me explain what is up. You emails were not sold. I am part owner of treecarebids.com. I purchased the name a couple months ago. I also around the same time hired somebody to help with arboristsite.com. His name is Chris, and has done a fantastic job of helping me out so far. I also had him build market treecarebids.com. After completion, his duty was to advertise the website. He did and where I failed was not to be specific to what I was looking for. I apologize. He is a sponsor so there is not harm there. If you feel like you were actually hurt by one email and you get free service and entertainment from AS all year long I am sorry. It wasn't what Chris or I was thinking of. We feel we have a great way of doing things on that site. By the responses we had on the emails and the people who signed up, I feel the majority feel that we gave them something of value. Again for the ones that don't feel like that, Chris and I am sorry.
Darin

Hi Darin,

I put up this poll to gauge AS members response to receiving such email. The poll currently sits at ~95% against and there has been definitive discussion. That is a clear message (in my world).

I am sure all here are appreciative of an explanation. Thank you.

Although, in your explanation you state 'emails were not sold', then continue 'I am part owner [of another entity separate from AS]' which suggests member information was merely used by TreeCareBids.com, not sold to it.

As I understand it, you as company owner do not own any information held by AS, the company (AS) does. Please correct me if I am wrong.

That aside I don't think anyone here is concerned if they receive a single email that perhaps they should not have (except those pesky Brittany Spears ones :laugh:); it is the implications many are discussing.

And how does anyone know it will stop at one?

Surely the rules apply to all.

I get it and I have talked to Chris about it. It's one email that seems to be blown out of proportion in my opinion. Regardless, I hear the message loud and clear. It shouldn't happen again.

I should also point out that this is not a rule 13 situation as they are a sponsor. Your poll is skewed and I think anybody using the poll would answer that they wouldn't be pleased. You use this forum for free. You can select not to receive emails from administrators when you sign up. I don't have a bunch of ads all over the forum like the majority of other forums I read. They are on the top of the forum and that is it. I feel to keep the site alive and new employees hired, there may be a day when I open it up and send promotional emails though the system that you can opt in and opt out of. You will all be notified and you can change that feature accordingly if I ever decide to do that. It has nothing to do with rule 13. This site is free for a reason and I don't think many have any clue how expensive it is to keep up. I do make a profit off what we do here but, it's a business, and in business that is the goal. I don't feel that getting an email every now and then from a site that you pay nothing to enjoy is that big of deal. The main issue is, and I get what all are saying, is that it was unannounced and unsolicited. Again, if I change my stance on this again, you will be getting another email that states such and if you don't want to be a part of it, change a certain setting on your profile and you will be protected. Seem reasonable?
I also hired Chris to update Arboristsite and add new features that will make it more fun. We will soon be able to buy items with points you earn by posting. Sponsors will donate T shirts, hats, gear etc and you guys can earn it for free!!! I feel that is a value added feature that arboristsite has that nobody else does. This design wasn't free and hiring him isn't either. I am constantly trying to make this site better and it costs more and more daily. Hiring him is keeping the site break even but I feel that we will gain more sponsors with the features we will be adding. I also feel we will get bigger because of it. Get free gear guaranteed by posting? Yeah, it's a bit Dave and Busters like, but who doesn't like a prize.
Again, back to what we were talking about....I apologize for the misunderstanding I had with him. Will make sure that it won't happen again and if we change our policy I will let all know so you can change your profile to opt in or opt out.
I am not going to go any further in speaking of this matter. Thanks for hearing me out. I am closing the thread as it doesn't need to be discussed further. I think we all get the point from both sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back