Rule winch

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fmueller

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I got a g2000 Rule gas powered winch where I can't pull out the line by hand anymore. It pulls in fine, I just cant pull the thing out. Anybody know where or who works on that stuff?

I had the same problem (sometimes) with my Lewis winch. That was because of the cable getting crossed up with winding under pressure. It is sitting on the shelf, replaced by a Simpson capstan winch. The capstan winch is much, much better, IMO.

Aye koa, that it is. And if you mod the inlead to the capstan by adding a pigtail or something, and grinding/smoothing those points, you can use it bidirectionally, as in lifting a limb, then lowering it, like a poor man's GRCS, only less capacity, noisy, and prone to wrap binding.

Here's a 4.2 meg video of tensioning a speed line with the Simpson winch, thereby lifting a branch load up so they zip out saving an uphill drag on an 88 degree day last July.

http://media.putfile.com/Taylorcedar7

And Scott Chapple dumping a big top on the same job.

Last edited:
Cool video RB. Anyway I've tried contacting these guys and never get an answer. I would love to have a capstan winch but I got this p.o.c. for 250 on e-bay. Guess ya get what ya pay for. I'll never learn.
By the way, that top looks like it fell over the climber on the way down from that picture. Is that you up there?

Nah, I don't leave stubbies...that's Scott climbing gaffless in Seattle...

And no, it fell right where he had it faced...

Latest posts

Back