Run it or trash it?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pioneer

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
More Chinese junk from farmertec. Had luck on the three cylinders I purchased before from them, but not this one. An ms 390 cylinder with voids in the chrome plating. Deep enough you can feel it with a finger, will this cylinder ever seal properly? I have asked for a replacement, but I think there is little hope in getting satisfaction from these clowns even with their claim of "warranty against defects".

DSCF4881.jpg

Svk, who did you get your cylinder from? It's a shame this one is like this, the rest of it looks pretty good. The threads in the base don't match the Stihl bolts though, they are m6x1 versus a weird self tapping m6 on the Stihl bolts.
OEM is out of the question, $423 CDN plus tax for a P/C kit! You could buy a whole good used 390 for the same.

Svk, who did you get your cylinder from? It's a shame this one is like this, the rest of it looks pretty good. The threads in the base don't match the Stihl bolts though, they are m6x1 versus a weird self tapping m6 on the Stihl bolts.
OEM is out of the question, $423 CDN plus tax for a P/C kit! You could buy a whole good used 390 for the same.
HLS. Mine is the Warhawk brand.

Duke Thieroff (sawsalvage.co) has better cylinders but he did not have the shortblock kit and that is what we needed for my cousin's rebuild. If I just needed they cylinder I would get it from Duke.

Latest posts

Back