Running a "special exception" saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobby Kirbos

Scrounger of Cellulose Based BTUs
Reaction score
I switched out the drive on my 346 from the stock 6 point spur to a 7 point rim and drum. As a result, I need 1 more drive link on the chain than what is specified by the bar. This is all well and good now that it is fresh in my mind, but if I don't use the saw for some period of time, it could be something that is forgotten.

How do you guys note stuff like this on the saw so you don't need to remember every special exception?

I switched out the drive on my 346 from the stock 6 point spur to a 7 point rim and drum. As a result, I need 1 more drive link on the chain than what is specified by the bar. This is all well and good now that it is fresh in my mind, but if I don't use the saw for some period of time, it could be something that is forgotten.

How do you guys note stuff like this on the saw so you don't need to remember every special exception?
Stamp or Etch the DL # on the Bar & grind the Original #of DL's off + make a note in the service record if you keep one or Write in Red ink on the Fronts piece of your Owners Manual I have a china graph wall board on the workshop wall with the service records of the work on the company's saws

Back