running lean ,won't idle

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pete nz

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Have pulled my husqvarna 141 apart down to cylinder /crankcase assembly in attempt to rectify running lean problem. Suspect bearing seal leak as have checked rest of saw -boots ,impulse tube ,carb etc.
My question. Is removing the bearings ;i understand some have one peice bearing and seal within the average home mechanic scope. Or shall i take the assembly as is to local shop as is to save money. (Poor Kiwi) .
Any advice greatly appreciated

pete nz said:
Have pulled my husqvarna 141 apart down to cylinder /crankcase assembly in attempt to rectify running lean problem. Suspect bearing seal leak as have checked rest of saw -boots ,impulse tube ,carb etc.
My question. Is removing the bearings ;i understand some have one peice bearing and seal within the average home mechanic scope. Or shall i take the assembly as is to local shop as is to save money. (Poor Kiwi) .
Any advice greatly appreciated

Look for a used/part saw and swap parts. I know that over here, that would be cheaper than having the dealer do it.

I had a 55 running lean. Had it pressure tested and ended up needed a carb to remedy it. I bought that saw new and it spent more time down then I care to remember. I was happy the day I got a small piece of my investment back.

Latest posts

Back