Rutland creosote cleaner

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dwinch53

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Does anyone know how the chemicals really work on the creosote? I have looked on line with no luck in explanation...DW :popcorn:

... how the chemicals work?? no idea. Does it work? Absolutely. Have been using it for years. Make sure to clean out the junk after you use it.

... how the chemicals work?? no idea. Does it work? Absolutely. Have been using it for years. Make sure to clean out the junk after you use it.

Thanx for the reply...I have not used any yet...do you do anything diff from the directions on container?...any little hints? DW

I used a bottle of it one year over the course of the season. The liner did not have a lot of creosote in it the next spring, but then again it never really does. I can't say with any conviction that it actually did anything to help but for the $5 - $10 it didn't hurt.

I buy the white powder form. I just throw a tablespoon or so onto a HOT fire and that is it. It WILL clean off your pipes so any 90 degree bends you have will fill up with the soot that falls down. That's why i said to make sure you clean out the junk afterward.

Back