Sad days, Utility Co. tree removal

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a little nursery of trees I planted from seedlings. Most are ready to transplant now. I live on the oldest street with the big old beautiful houses, and we lose at least one tree a year. Nobody replants, so I want to repopulate our street for future generations.
But I’m not a good grower- none of the willow oaks survived, as did few of the sugar maples. But there are others- a few silver maple, hackberry, chestnut, red oak, tulip.
Also have a couple dozen Christmas trees.
We have a red maple here in Table Rock Nebraska that has been on the NE state radar for a while . survives our cold weather well. I will have to ask my sis for details if you have any interest.

I have a barn full of black walnut and white oak thanks to the power company. It's 4 years now, and the wood is ready to sell... I expect the revenue to make up for the sadness of losing the trees.

I have a barn full of black walnut and white oak thanks to the power company. It's 4 years now, and the wood is ready to sell... I expect the revenue to make up for the sadness of losing the trees.
Here in the Deep South we have advertisement on TV all the time by Attorney's. Money makes up for the Sadness of Loss. Is that a new concept or I did I read to much about Buddha? Ha. Ha. One TV Attorney recently said, we've herd that "Less is More" but that is NOT TRUE. Ha Ha.. Sad thing about money is that it's either gone to soon or kept to long. Either way I like having some on hand. It makes up for the Sadness of when I was broke. LOL.. Have a good day..

Back