Sandvik releasing new wheel design in approx 2 weeks

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John464

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
They are changing up the Dura Disk II to a newer version from what I hear will be called the "Revolution". The change is said to have better wheel wear characteristics. Im still aaiting for more info.

They have one customer testing this new version out on a 60TX who used the old version to gain feedback on final R&D. Apparently he liked the way Sandvik cuts but didn't like replacing his wheel every 600hrs. This new wheel is estimated to last 1200hrs.

Anyne else have any inside info on this pre-release?

New River called me about six weeks ago telling me about the upcoming change. Apparently the bolt on pockets will run perpendicular, or radially from the edge of the wheel towards the center. Purpose is to somehow protect the wheel and weld in pockets from wear, the bolt on pockets should get the wear, not the wheel.
I was just thinking yesterday about calling them to see where things are at. I've got just over 1050 hours on my wheel on a 252 and the weld in pockets are about worn out.

Stumper63

Here a pic of the new revolution disk from New River

Ive just picked up a 7015trx & will be putting a duradisk on it here's a pic of the new version they sent me.
attachment.php

Ive just picked up a 7015trx & will be putting a duradisk on it here's a pic of the new version they sent me.
attachment.php

Looks interesting. 2 more teeth on the edge (That's a good thing as it does 80-90% of the cutting.) and 8 fewer teeth on the edge AND they are all closer to the outside edge of the wheel where they will actually be doing something.

I took the inside 2 sets of teeth of the side of my wheel because I needed a nut and didn't have a spare with me. I haven't put them back on because it didn't make any difference in the cutting speed.

Back