Save Edge files

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been trying to return a call to Save Edge regarding some files I ordered and received but none of the phone numbers work. Sent an email and no response.
Has anyone heard from them? Hope nothings wrong.

I just tried calling their number...even knowing they're closed for the day.

Operator said "call cannot be completed as dialed"..??

I've talked to the folks there numerous times..and they are a "straight-up" business..!!

I will try calling again tomorrow... Miko and the company are a "straight-up" business..!!

Must surely be some electronic problem...They didn't "skip out of town"..!!

Miko's family has been in the file business like "forever"..!! I mean going waaay back..!!
:cheers:
J2F

I just tried calling their number...even knowing they're closed for the day.

Operator said "call cannot be completed as dialed"..??

I've talked to the folks there numerous times..and they are a "straight-up" business..!!

I will try calling again tomorrow... Miko and the company are a "straight-up" business..!!

Must surely be some electronic problem...They didn't "skip out of town"..!!

Miko's family has been in the file business like "forever"..!! I mean going waaay back..!!
J2F

Got the same message so it's not my phone. I always have had great dealings with them.
Thanks for trying. There was some kind of glitch and I owe them more money - and they already sent the files.

Got the same message so it's not my phone. I always have had great dealings with them.
Thanks for trying. There was some kind of glitch and I owe them more money - and they already sent the files.

how good is their files the ones i been getting at lowes lasts about 3 sharpenings and thats it for them. and i been looking for a better kind of file to use.

Don't know what Lowes sells, but around here the box store brand of file's are oregons...and they don't hold a candle to the Stihl brand of files. Save Edge last a noticeable bit longer than Stihls. Unfortunately, just this week a handful of my Save Edge files got wet. They don't seem nearly as eager to rust as EVERY other file I've EVER had. (The quickest two ways I've found to kill a file are rust, and using it to pry on something.)

Not tried the Pferds yet. But I'll gladly spend the extra on Save Edge from now on. I don't waste time with oregon files anymore, and my price for Stihls were too high. Try a box, the very worst possible outcome will be that you like them but decide you don't want to buy a dozen at a time.

Back to the OP, sorry for the hi-jack.

Ive been using Sthil files and really not happy. Got my saw used and it cam with some brand new ones just no case... They are amazing, i get around 9-10 sharpenings then they wear out... They just say the size and Germany at the top. I would buy a whole pallet of em if i knew where to buy hah

I haved used Oregon and Pferd, and they are both horrible when it comes to lasting. I swear, Stihl chain cutters are harder than an Oregon file, and Pferd, just don't last at all. I used about 10 Pferd files and sold the bulk of what I had to another person, with the warning of their quality, he bought them anyways and then found the same to be true, they don't last.

I have used Save Edge and Stihl and between those two get whichever ones you can get cheaper, they are a toss up in quality, both are really, really good and you are getting your money's worth with them. I can get the Stihl files cheaper, so I currently use them, if someone swapped them with Save Edge that would be fine too.

My experience,

Sam

The stihl files seem to last about like the oregon which isn't very long. I like the save edge the best and was going to order some straight from them this time.

Any idea where these files are from. i dont have a pic but the are 7/32 and Say Germany at the top with a guy in a horse wielding a sword? Those files are amazing i want more!

how good is their files the ones i been getting at lowes lasts about 3 sharpenings and thats it for them. and i been looking for a better kind of file to use.

Well....Buzz turned me on to them at a GTG, ordered them, never looked back, no comparison to any other, you can feel and hear them cut, last a loooong time...

Wassup Buzz? Just scored a C-7 recently.

Been trying to return a call to Save Edge regarding some files I ordered and received but none of the phone numbers work. Sent an email and no response.
Has anyone heard from them? Hope nothings wrong.

Ok folks...here's the answer...

I just called Save-Edge and got through..!!!

They switched phone carriers on all their phones...just the carrier...NOT the phone numbers..!!

Everything went fine with all the numbers...except the 800 toll free number. It wouldn't work
and they didn't know it..as the large majority of their orders are sent in via e-mail.

When they found out it wasn't working..they of course reported it so it could be repaired.

They said they..THINK / HOPE is now repaired...BUT...it may not be...but should be soon..!!

Sooo..they are there..and just working through a technical glitch with the new phone carrier.

Hope this helps all you Save-Edge users..!!
J2F

Last edited:
Ive tried em all,,

Ran into Miko @ his Booth @ the TCIA Expo about 6 years ago,,,, and bought a few boxes and a few of the Goofy & chisel bit files for touching up in the field/bush

I wont use or buy anything else since,,,, I I just talked to Miko,,, He said they switched Phone/internet providors and there is a problem with the 1-800 #

Oh and by the way,,, He no longer travels to the TCIA ETC. stuff,,, one of the owners does it now

Save Edge | Home of the sharpest files in the business.

If your files got wet and they are not yet rusted you need to ASAP/immediatly oil them with some general purpose oil put them in the oven @ about 150-200° and heat them for a an hour or so

If they got rusty soke them in muratic Acid until they look clean, rinse thouroghly, then air dry w/compressed Air, than do the above,,, there is some great stuff on their webpage on the homepage @ the bottom of the page,, under Reference Gudes tips & Info

Save Edge | Home of the sharpest files in the business.

Just a bit of info Ive pick up from talking with him a few times

The File blanks come from Portugal,,
the Finnish work is done in at the facility in Xenia, Ohio!!!!

Oh and one more tidbit,,, the machines that work the files and cut the teeth are originally from Finland

Give him a call,,, (937) 376-8268
if you do and order some/// you wont use anything else either LOLOL!!!:rock::rock:

Tell him Richard from AMDG Tree Care Services sent you

RR2'ed

Last edited:
Ok folks...here's the answer...

I just called Save-Edge and got through..!!!

They switched phone carriers on all their phones...just the carrier...NOT the phone numbers..!!

Everything went fine with all the numbers...except the 800 toll free number. It wouldn't work
and they didn't know it..as the large majority of their orders are sent in via e-mail.

When they found out it wasn't working..they of course reported it so it could be repaired.

They said they..THINK / HOPE is now repaired...BUT...it may not be...but should be soon..!!

Sooo..they are there..and just working through a technical glitch with the new phone carrier.

Hope this helps all you Save-Edge users..!!
J2F

I type too slow,,,,,,,,, LOLOL!!! but my post has more Poop to tell ya how to fix your wet files!!!!!

and a link,,,,, and the phone #,,,,,,

Last edited:
Just thought i would chime in, are their files any good ? i cant get more than 2 sharpens out of a stihl or oregon file these days, in fact they are barely worth taking into the bush, you are near better off calling it a day if all your chains dull out there and coming home. I don't think the chains have gotten any harder, i think the files have gotten softer, but it would be nice to have some that were worth having.

Just thought i would chime in, are their files any good ? i cant get more than 2 sharpens out of a stihl or oregon file these days, in fact they are barely worth taking into the bush, you are near better off calling it a day if all your chains dull out there and coming home. I don't think the chains have gotten any harder, i think the files have gotten softer, but it would be nice to have some that were worth having.

Ive used them commercially ever since I tried them 6 years ago,,, they are very good,, go to the links I put up and on the homepage they have some excellent tips on care,,,, if you follow those general instructions you will get more service out of any file actually

Matt are you just bein a bit of a wanker???? :msp_scared:

i've ordered direct from Save Edge, but got lucky when one of the local shops started carrying their files.
It's been awhile since I ordered any, as I have quite a stash of them now, but it seems they were willing to break up a dozen and let me order several different sizes to make up a dozen. Good folks to deal with and a great product. I just wish the local shop still carried them.

I use Stihl. I don't keep count on how many sharpenings, just use them til I need to switch to a new one. But in any case, I get a lot more than two sharpenings from a Stihl file. Which is a lot more than I get from the others I've used. [Haven't used SaveEdge though, so cannot compare with that one.] I usually pay $1 or so for a Stihl file, maybe $1.25. I think the four-pack I bought last summer might've been a bit over $4.

I only use Stihl chain, too, so can't compare with any other brand of chain.

Last edited:
Matt are you just bein a bit of a wanker???? :msp_scared:

No mate, sorry if it came across that way, i grind but still take a file and guide with me, minor dirt damage is easily repaired on the go, the files cut quiet well for the first couple of uses but then seem to do more skipping than cutting, i just remember years back the old man would come home from work every night, sit out the back with the 076/084's and a file and sharpen for the next day, i honestly don't remember him going through files hand over fist, although i never asked, maybe he did, he used to stripe twice per cutter then tap the file twice on a big old log the saw sat on, then go again the whole time with a smoke hanging off his bottom lip...

Latest posts

Back