Saw a bear while milling today-pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BIG JAKE

Let’s go Brandon!
Reaction score
I was up milling in the Jemez Nat'l Forest today when I saw a bear! Wish I could claim the creativity. It was left by one of the fallers. I lasso'd him later on with the come-a-long. The green pine cants were too heavy for me to move up the hill.

They were thinning today and a swung through the area hoping there were some big logs to mill. I milled the biggest ones I could find. Was worth a shot eh? Last shot a little scenery going home. :)

Artsmass. I was looking for a fellow camper eating bruin....one with fur.

Nice pics!!!!!!

Keep posting 'em!!

Kevin

Saw this.....
bearpaw.jpg

......while I was scouting for a new milling area and collecting some doug fir firewood.
load2.jpg

Nice cants there, Big Jake.

Thanks for posting the pics and boy do the cants look square and true. You obviously have got that down. Nice set up.

Thanks for posting the pics and boy do the cants look square and true. You obviously have got that down. Nice set up.

I forgot my cant hook. Yeah I'm getting faster. I need only one 8X8"X8' then I start on the 1X6" decking. Amazing how much water the beams lose in a month. Anyway, got my truck back so should be able to mill a lot more I was idle for 3 wks. Never know how much a truck is worth till it's gone a while! (New injectors about 3300.00). :cheers:

I forgot my cant hook. Yeah I'm getting faster. I need only one 8X8"X8' then I start on the 1X6" decking. Amazing how much water the beams lose in a month. Anyway, got my truck back so should be able to mill a lot more I was idle for 3 wks. Never know how much a truck is worth till it's gone a while! (New injectors about 3300.00). :cheers:

Ouch!!! 3300's a lot. Well, at least you got it back.

I went scouting for milling trees yesterday evening. The skid road was pretty rough, so I parked the truck and walked down the road on foot. Stumbled upon two bears. The larger bear was a little nervous and hid behind the tree in the upper right of the picture. The smaller bear looked at me for a few seconds, then went back to his search for grubs. He was 15 yards away when this picture was taken. Naturally, I had left my gun in the truck.
bear_july.jpg

Never did find any milling trees, but I brought home a full load of firewood and some good memories.

Latest posts

Back