Saw demo today..

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zopi

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
i found the closest WM owner I could...nice guy, has an older Lt25 with hydraulics..went out and watched him bust up a big pine.. slabbed it squared the cant and popped off a few boards...I was pretty impressed by the quality of the mill and the quality of the product produced...I like my csm...but oh you kid...:clap:

i realize the 15 is a different class of machine, but I have been doing alot of reading and research over the last couple of days...I believe the 15 is the best choice for me...log handling is still an issue, but there are compensations..the mill is close to the ground (makes offbearing harder) and no hydraulics (none on the csm either..can't afford 'em...) but there also isn't as much to maintain
and cope with...

as far as log handling, It looks like the man who demo'd his mill for me
is going to sell me a logrite arch he has and doesn't like for a decent price.
i hurt my back pretty bad the other night while out loading logs...and as bad as I hurt, i snatched a 10"x8' cypress off the ground and toted it across the
yard...without strain....me likey.

i'm impressed by the logrite cant hooks too...good stuff.

My loan is approved, so monday or tuesday I will be ordering a 15hp LT15
with the anti rollback ramps, cant hook, and the DVD seminar...

I have already had offers for work...and don't really know what I'm doing..good thing i've got logs to learn on.

Thanks guys for talking me out of the little swinger...you were right,
i will be alot happier with this one.

cool thing....guy who showed me his mill wants me to come out and demo my CSM...he gets some big stuff that is hard to get to and wants to be able to work away from his big mill....I sense some opportunity here.

It'a a wise man who learns from the sage advice of the wise people on AS!!

It'a a wise man who learns from the sage advice of the wise people on AS!!

yep...and wifey is still interested...especially after seeing how the process works...she likes seing the boards pop out of the cants...asked me today what I needed to get the big planer up...

yep...and wifey is still interested...especially after seeing how the process works...she likes seing the boards pop out of the cants...asked me today what I needed to get the big planer up...

Sounds like a good team in operation.

Looking forward to hearing/seeing more, have fun.:greenchainsaw:

Let's put it this way, I live closer to michael vick than to town...:dizzy:

Nahh..I live out in northwest isle of wight county about 12 miles out of smithfield...

c'n prolly getcha good deal on a slightly used pitbull....:jawdrop:

you still in h-town?

ordered the mill today...and here are some pics of most of my log stash and
my favorite skidder....
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Back