Sawinredneck's monster splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TopJimmy

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Andy,
If you have posted any updates on that monster splitter, I have missed them. How is the project coming. One of these days I am going to come by and see. Will you have it ready for firewood season?

Jim

Sorry Jim, been too hot to weld!!! Need to get off my but and get after it again somthing fierce, going to be needing it real soon!!!
Andy

Man I hear you on the heat. I have been working on my bumper, but don't usually make it out until 9pm. It's not to bad then, still gets a little hot with protective gear and helmet. A couple of weld elbows and a few hours and I should have it ready for paint.

Jim

Must be nice!! I fire up the Hobart, 20 hp gas, at 9pm and Mama comes unglued!!!
Andy

Yea, I am lucky, I guess. If I could not work half the night, then I might not start projects like building bumpers, etc. Might end up with more time for myself. The back door of my shop is about 400' from my house and my house is insulated with the expanding foam. I can make a lot of noise with no complaints. I bet I could get away with running my gas welder all night long. Not for me. I do not stick weld very well. I usually use a Millermatic 250 and a Hyperthern 900 plasma cutter. The steel dropping on the ground makes more noise than either of these.

Jim

Back