Scored some more 6 cube huskies today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 285 is basically the same saw as a 2100, just diff recoil, flywheel, and it dont have the manual oiler option. There are a cpl other minor differences but for the most part everything is interchangeable

Thank you much. Good info to know. I didn't realize the interchange with these models.

Great buy I've never seen the gas and oil caps right beside each other
The 339XP had the gas and oil caps next to each other. I always assumed it was because it was a rear-handle version of the top handle 338. But if they do it on the big saws, I guess there's another reason.

285 and 2100 were diferent only in manual oiler. In my knowledge there were seweral versions of both models. Saw troll will know the best. All 285 in my country have bosch ignition and 2100 have sem.

Good Score !!! Hey what will u be mix yer fuel at when u get em going again
I found one too!! Again sweet score!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah you suck and you suck more because those all appear to have nice not cracked air filter covers.....that's really hard to find. Are you going to sell any of them?

Yeah you suck and you suck more because those all appear to have nice not cracked air filter covers.....that's really hard to find. Are you going to sell any of them?
Im a 2100 hoarder! Im at l6 of these boat anchors now. Sorry these stay

I run 32:1 in all my saws
I go through 1.5-2 gals a day at work as i do logging. I never have any problem since i converted to this ratio. 50:1 is way too lean in my opinion. Pretty sure the only reason they recommend 50:1 is to get them to pass emissions. Run em fat and theyll last forever.
Good Score !!! Hey what will u be mix yer fuel at when u get em going again
I found one too!! Again sweet score!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been super busy with work lately, finally got a chance today to work on these critters. The 2101 the previous owner said would only run 10 mins at a time. Easy fix, inlet screen in the carb was plugged with gunk. New filter, blowjob on the carb and shes purrin like a kitten. Took her out back and sunk into some fat oak butts, pulls nice and hard like it should.
12DEE5E6-A42E-4376-8F72-6051A2D6F996-530-000000DC7A1964A0_zpse6c1e213.jpg

32CE16FB-C7D9-41F9-AB8E-748987FBF4EF-530-000000DCA4162E9F_zps5d66fb9a.jpg

The chainbrake cover this came with is currently under surgery getting a new band and lever, so its sportin a non-brake cover currently
I also got the 285 up and rollin. Sounds good, but she needs a front handle, anyone got any for sale?

Back