selling logs to homeowner

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rmihalek

Where's the wood at?
Reaction score
I heat with wood and would be interested in having a logging/land clearing company sell me a load of hardwood logs. I'm wondering what quantity of wood a standard tri-axle grapple truck can hold and how much I should expect to pay for the load.

Also, will a fully loaded tri-axle crush the asphalt sidewalk in front of my house? My guess is yes! I'm hoping the truck has a long enough reach that it can stay parked in the street and reach over 15 or 20 feet to put the logs down on my yard. Is this within the operating capacity of these trucks?

Finally, anybody know a logger who will sell me wood in central massachusetts area?

Thanks

6-8 cords depending on how tight he packs it. Tops and big bendy crap that won't fit on a processor will be cheaper than the nice straight mid-size logs.

I don't know what prices are like for that stuff as I haven't sold any recently, but I do know that firewood prices are way up, especially this time of year.

Two years ago a neighbor paid $350 for a load of tops and $450 for a load of the good stuff. It's probably more now. Don't know about your sidewalk, but I have loaded triaxles up and down my paved driveway without a dimple.

The further away from the wood, the more the trucking is going to cost also.

No sweat, Mike...

Isn't it strange though; of ALL the tree guys in MA there are, only FOUR are AS'ers?

You,
Eagle1,
Tim Kasulinous
and myself...?

Disappointing! =(

I'm surprised there aren't more eastern mass guys, but not surprised about the lack of participation from our neck of the woods. Loggers with bucket trucks, most don't climb. I guess I'm a weekend warrior with a chipper?:D Although I'm becoming more full-time-part-time as things grow.

That's about the size of it. I'm the only one that does PHC, cabling, and the like... ARBORIST!!

Besides those "N" guys, but they're so big on their prices I get most of their work anyways....

:laugh:

Latest posts

Back