Selling my TW-6 (Houston, TX)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luckydozenfarm

THE MAN OF STIHL
Reaction score
Thinking of slowing the business down a bit. Im having a hard time finding enough logs to justify having a splitter with this capacity. Maybe time to sell the TW-6 and just use my old Husky for awhile. Im near Houston, Tx. I paid between 11-12k for it new back in 2014. Its got every option on it and has less than 100 hours on it. Pretty much new machine. Seeing what kind of offers I get but would like at least $8500. Anyone interested??

Oh yeah it would. That zip line is 100' long. Instead of cutting the rounds and rolling them to the log lift, I just pick them up with the hoist and trolley them to the splitter. I mainly use the log lift as a staging table now. I haven't rolled a round on the ground in a long time.

Ok good. Thinking about getting the 5 or 6 within the next year or so and you had me concerned.

My operation has completely eliminated bending over at all to do anything. I even cut the pole logs on a saw horse that is 36" off the ground. The tractor grapple puts the poles on the sawhorse. They are cut standing up at waist level. The hoist and trolley brings me the logs, and after they are split, they are stacked on a pallet that has a rotator on a table at waist level.

My operation has completely eliminated bending over at all to do anything. I even cut the pole logs on a saw horse that is 36" off the ground. The tractor grapple puts the poles on the sawhorse. They are cut standing up at waist level. The hoist and trolley brings me the logs, and after they are split, they are stacked on a pallet that has a rotator on a table at waist level.

I have to bend over to use mine. but I see the many set ups here on the AS, such as yours... planning on building a rig to help eliminate some of that... nice splitter and set up. I like how u have the frame to fill the firewood with. 1/2 cord I am guessing... all in all, nice. enjoyed the pix...

I have to bend over to use mine. but I see the many set ups here on the AS, such as yours... planning on building a rig to help eliminate some of that... nice splitter and set up. I like how u have the frame to fill the firewood with. 1/2 cord I am guessing... all in all, nice.
That's right. I use the tractor forks to remove the pallet of wood and move it out into the field into the sun. Then I put a new pallet on. The zip line setup including the hoist cost me about $250..works great.

Latest posts

Back